Register
    Top Poster +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default ML320CDI W164 2007 Shifting gears from 2-3 slipping/vibrating/jerking

Hello,i am having issue with my transmission 7g tronic 772.9. sometimes ecu triggers code "incorrect gear ratio" or "gear is slipping"
    But problem is when acceleration foot down shifting gears from 2 to 3 happens with slip and even completely stalls for second on 2000-2500rpm. same thing if i shift to manual third gear it can stall for second then pick up rpm again usually happens on 1500-2500rpm. also i noticed on motorway when you put foot down i can feel vibration on any gear for couple seconds then it goes away but thats usually noticed when you using cruise contol. i am having this issue for two years and didnt changed to worse.. so thats why i think that actual gearbox michanism is still ok.

I just replaced oil,filter,removed and cleaned solenoids. i just want to know before i start looking for replacement gearbox maybe it could be some faulty solenoid or something..

Many thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Had an 08 R320CDI and put close to 300.000km on it before I sold it. Had the Black Death syndrome and the 3rd gear slipping at the end. Tranny oil change didn’t help me either and needed fixing / replacing.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,177 Posts

test with star diag
    diag funktion-close wandler

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

That’s the torque converter. The 3rd gear is the most (ab)used gear on that tranny.

Top Poster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

нулирайте адаптациите, преди да направите каквото и да било.