Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

At low revs pumps works with three pistons permanently, once your revs are higher than engine ecu activates the third piston cut off thus the pressure goes not high enough. What I propose you is to tight properly the sensors (those ones you build out before) and than change your fuel filter a good one. Is not so much expensive so you have to try. Send me your chassis number and ill study this problem for you, im working for citroen so well com

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

I just wanted to inform you, that I have solved the case. The problem about getting 3rd piston cutoff valve fault code was because I connected the piston to +12V which cuts off during the cranking and then comes on ... in fact you have to connect it to the +12V which comes on when you put ignition on and stays on even when cranking ... anyways, this was only throwing out fault code and did not have any other effect and was NOT real fault.

The real problem was fuel pressure REGULATOR (not sensor) on the high pressure pump. It did not let enough pressure through when you revved the engine over 3000 rpm, so the pressure dropped (which was monitored by fuel rail pressure sensor) and the ECU shut down the engine. After replacing fuel pressure regulator on HP pump, everything works like a charm!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Albanais View Post
    Did you check the flow regulator on the pump, can you please tell me if the engin works badly and it has strong explosions while accelerating, you know injection noise. If is true your fuel flow regulator is dead
    Regards
    Told you mate. Glad to hear that you succed
    Greetings

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Great... n1!!
    SOME PEOPLE SEE THINGS AS THEY ARE AND SAY WHY... I DREAM THINGS THAT NEVER WERE AND SAY.... WHY NOT????

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12