Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Cummins Celect Plus

I have a truck here with the fan cluth stuck on anyone no if it works through the ECM if so can i bypass it Cummins insite wont let you do anything the fan cluth setting is LOCKED

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

what year is the truck in brand. must of the thucks the fan work with the tempeture sensor or a/c pressure switch. air selenoi active the fan by temp sensor or a/c pressure switch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rigos42 View Post
    what year is the truck in brand. must of the thucks the fan work with the tempeture sensor or a/c pressure switch. air selenoi active the fan by temp sensor or a/c pressure switch.
    Its a 1998 International Transtar i found the tempeture senser it seems to be wired into the ECM the wires of the air selenoid seem to go back in the wiring loom. When unplug the sensor it Flashes up a Warning Engine Code.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

what year make model is it? I can probally get schematics.

also go to the fan solenoid, with the key on engine off see if one wire is ground and one is hot, then turn the key off and make sure power goes away, if it is getting power with key on you probally have a bad fan switch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joshplainfield View Post
    what year make model is it? I can probally get schematics.

also go to the fan solenoid, with the key on engine off see if one wire is ground and one is hot, then turn the key off and make sure power goes away, if it is getting power with key on you probally have a bad fan switch.
    Its a 1998 N14 PLUS/Celect plus. No power with key on. was told it works of the ECM if so i wont to know if i put a mechanical Fan Temp sendor in block can i run the wires to the fan solinoid and bypass ECM. Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

HERE ARE A FEW THINGS U CAN DO.
    - CONFIRM FAN CLUTCH IS NOT SEIZED KYSOR CLUTCHES DO SEIZE.
    - CONFIRM SOLENOID IS WORKING FINE BY SUPPLYING B+ AND GRN.
    -C/K IF YOU FAN SOLENOID IS NO OR NC (NORMALLY OPEN OR NORMALLY CLOSED)
    - C/K YOUR A/C FAN CYCLING SWITCH IF SWITCH IS STUCK OPEN FAN CONSTANTLY RUNS. OHM IT OUT SHOULD HAVE UNDER 0.5 OHMS.
    - START ENG. AND LET RUN FOR 5 MIN. (TO LET AIR PSI BUILD AND SOME ENGINE/TRUCKS HAVE A TIMER TO ALLOW FOR PSI TO BUILD UP) C/K IF YOU HAVE B+ OR GRN AT FAN CLUTCH SOLENOID. B+ SHOULD BE CONSTANTLY SUPPLIED WHEN IGNITION IS TURNED ON, AND GROUND CIRCUIT IS CONTROLLED BY ECM, IF YOU HAVE INSITE MONITOR DATA LIKE COOLANT TEMP AND A/C PRESSURE SWITCH, INTAKE TEMP, OIL TEMP, ECT. IF ANYTHING READING TOO HIGH...

GOING THROUGH THESE STEPS YOU SHOULD FIND UR PROBLEM OR YOU HAVE A FAULTY ECM, IF SO INSTALL A TEST ECM AND VERIFY REPAIR.
    Last edited by gtchoryk; 28th March, 2010 at 12:16 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

CHECK ACTIVE CODE 155 IF SO INTAKE TENP. TOO HI CHECK FOR OPEN WIRE OR BAD SENSOR SORRI MY INGLE IS POR SAME PROBLEM LAST MONDAI IF DONT WORK KEEP US POSTED

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks to you all that posted have run a test ECM and fan works fine must be problem with ECM. if i put a Mechanical Temp Sendor in and bypass ECM will it work. alot cheaper than a new ECM. Thanks Again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

but ...some time this problem is for the a/c temp..u have to dessable the a/C temp activation ..firts .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

A TEMP SENSOR/SWITCH WILL WORK FINE BUT AS PREVIOUS POST YOU NEED TO KEEP IN MIND A/C. YOU WILL NEED TO HARD WIRE A A/C FAN CYCLING SWITCH TO THE FAN CLUTCH SOLENOID IF YOU WISH TO USE A/C. OTHERWISE DISREGARD.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gtchoryk View Post
    A TEMP SENSOR/SWITCH WILL WORK FINE BUT AS PREVIOUS POST YOU NEED TO KEEP IN MIND A/C. YOU WILL NEED TO HARD WIRE A A/C FAN CYCLING SWITCH TO THE FAN CLUTCH SOLENOID IF YOU WISH TO USE A/C. OTHERWISE DISREGARD.
    Fan works fine with Mechanical sendor.now i have the fan working properly will hard wire AC sensor in. THANKS

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I had a Celect Plus yesterday that had the same problem... after it was flashed with a slightly higher C file (originally it had C10317.09, ). In a Peterbuilt. It had a fan switch in the dash. But it stopped working. I assume it was because the ecm expected the opposite setting for the switch... Normally Open/Normally Closed.

There was an item in the fan control folder for whether a manual switch was installed. It was enabled after the flash. In the end, telling the ecm that there was no manual switch(option set to disabled), returned fan control to the dashboard.

So how can I change the Normally Open/Normally Closed setting after a flash? I think Peterbuilt flips some of them around?
    Last edited by joeseph666; 16th October, 2010 at 09:29 PM. Reason: fix typo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

if ..did u recalibrae the ecm..and fant activation is reverse confg...you can use calterm to config..that parameter..or get the cal from other ecm with same conf..and oem ..and put this in the ecm you can change.

is just a solution.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Hola Hercamp,

Yes, I recalibrated that one. Why? Because there was a problem with the dashboard j1708 connector. It wound up with a footprint after I was trying to setup some parameters.. Then I found the connector on the ecm. Even then... it took me 2 flashes... to get those parameters to take. What I'd like to do is to get my hands on that exact calibration, but it wasn't on the Aug disk. Celect Plus.

Okay... so now I need a working Calterm. LOL
    It never seems to end!

Thanks again Hercamp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

well...maybe if u .. back the laptop date ..until incal vercion date u have seen the cal file inside???

can be a solution.
    or get a calterm from threath and try to get an activation code..and file

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast