Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bkenigma View Post
    I'll second that. I have a USAPROG with yearly update plan and like it 10x more than my enigma. Now granted I am in the US, so for US cars there is nothing better. I use AVDI for MB so I dont have that for Smelecom device. For US cars, nothing can beat it, bottom line hands down. I just had an issue where it was wrecking eeproms, i would read them with EEP programmer and it would basically corrupt them. I sent it back to my US dealer, he did extensive testing and sent it back to me working fully and I'm 200% satisfied. If your in the US and working on US cars this is the only device you should get if you want to do ford, chrylser, dodge, etc over OBD for all models up to 2012/2013

bkenigma
    usaprog its copy of jprog6 you can read on jprog website.
    For usa cars the best device its jprog i use this device more then 2 years its work 100% on usa cars.
    usaprog dont do hours on lincoln towncar and many more cars
    Yes the price its better for usaprog !!!! And much more car list .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rukartinatv View Post
    usaprog its copy of jprog6 you can read on jprog website.
    For usa cars the best device its jprog i use this device more then 2 years its work 100% on usa cars.
    usaprog dont do hours on lincoln towncar and many more cars
    Yes the price its better for usaprog !!!! And much more car list .
    Copy or not USA-PROG is a great tool. it does the same cars as jprog and for less than half the price.

IF JPROG WAS CHEAPER I'M SURE PEOPLE WOULD START PURCHASING JPROG INSTEAD OF USA-PROG.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Sorry Jprog is not best tool in my opinion, when we say US we also mean USA market

Chrysler, Ford, GM, Honda, Toyota, Nissan etc.

1. There is no best tool!
    2. If you aint ready to spend at least 20-$30,000 this is wrong business for you.

USA Market Full Support you will need: Jprog, Smelecom, VVDI or Rosfar, DP4, Carprog, Solder Station, Laptop, Custom Adapters, Tool Kit, Power Supply pretty much somes it up!
    I believe a good programmer such as Beeprog or Willem VP99X is also a nice tool.

You will also need common sense:

It costs over $100 USD to have dinner with your family at a restaurant, so charge accordingly and dont be afraid to tell a cheap ass client to go to some idiot if he wants a cheap job, then when he calls, "they always do" saying other guy messed his dash up or had a bad xperience, then you can calmly tell him to "Piss off".

Dont worry about the cheap guys they come and go and will never climb the ladders you dont want customers looking for cheap guys, wouldnt piss on customers like that even if they were on fire.
    At full operation you will be spending around $10,000 a year upkeep
    Last edited by ascrap2003; 24th November, 2017 at 05:38 PM.
    Had a issue Had a issue with my uploads so if you see one of my posts and need that dump let me know and I'll post it!

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Oh not to mention full dealer level diagnostics for all makes models you plan on working on!
    and AVDI too! All in all make that 30,000 to $40,000
    Had a issue Had a issue with my uploads so if you see one of my posts and need that dump let me know and I'll post it!

DK Veteran
    putting salt on leeches, one grain at a time!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    612 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ascrap2003 View Post
    Oh not to mention full dealer level diagnostics for all makes models you plan on working on!
    and AVDI too! All in all make that 30,000 to $40,000

i spend a tenth of that

Reading is fundamental, asking is easy............................

DK Veteran
    putting salt on leeches, one grain at a time!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    612 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ascrap2003 View Post
    Sorry Jprog is not best tool in my opinion, when we say US we also mean USA market

Chrysler, Ford, GM, Honda, Toyota, Nissan etc.

1. There is no best tool!
    2. If you aint ready to spend at least 20-$30,000 this is wrong business for you.

USA Market Full Support you will need: Jprog, Smelecom, VVDI or Rosfar, DP4, Carprog, Solder Station, Laptop, Custom Adapters, Tool Kit, Power Supply pretty much somes it up!
    I believe a good programmer such as Beeprog or Willem VP99X is also a nice tool.

You will also need common sense:

It costs over $100 USD to have dinner with your family at a restaurant, so charge accordingly and dont be afraid to tell a cheap ass client to go to some idiot if he wants a cheap job, then when he calls, "they always do" saying other guy messed his dash up or had a bad xperience, then you can calmly tell him to "Piss off".

Dont worry about the cheap guys they come and go and will never climb the ladders you dont want customers looking for cheap guys, wouldnt piss on customers like that even if they were on fire.
    At full operation you will be spending around $10,000 a year upkeep

"
    USA Market Full Support you will need: Jprog, Smelecom, DP4 elprosys , Solder Station, Laptop, Custom Adapters optional or as needed, Tool Kit, Power Supply

Reading is fundamental, asking is easy............................

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XmoDDeR View Post
    "
    USA Market Full Support you will need: Jprog, Smelecom, DP4 elprosys , Solder Station, Laptop, Custom Adapters optional or as needed, Tool Kit, Power Supply
    I stand corrected

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12