Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Yamaha MT07 Speedo Change Odo - The Process & Some Questions TIA

I did my first chip read on a 2017 MT07 dash yesterday, I used a EZP2023+ on a Win 11 laptop. I did not have to unsolder the ATMEL 92C86A chip and used the 8 pin jumper cable to read & write the chip.

I noticed that when I read the chips BIN file into Hex-Works.com that there are 6 x Hex values with 2 different values separated by 1 decimal unit in value.

I have read some of the requests for ODO files here and note that on some or all of them that the supplied file has 6 x hex values but 2 different hex values. In my reading of my own chip I found 6 x hex values with 2 different hex values separated by 1 Decimal/odometer unit. The BIN files provided often only have 1 x hex value the same for all 6 x hex values equalling the target odo value.

What is best practice here? If the file in the chip has 6 hex values with 2 different hex values should this maintained or just use the hex value for the target odo value for all 6 hex values?
    Last edited by Voz; 28th January, 2024 at 06:07 AM.

Top Poster +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

If you willing to do this kind of job i suggest you to own atleast one orig programmer, and if your are a bikes programmer
    Smarttool 2 R+ a lot more easier to change the mil and remap the bikes.
    "Smartkey Garage Zamboanga"
    ECU Tunning, Modules Repair,Dashboard Repair,Smarkey Programming,
    Gadgets Repair and Servi
    ce.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mhedz For This Useful Post:

Voz (28th January, 2024)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a cheap EZP2023+ programmer, I have been able to read Yamaha MT07 93C86A eeprom with this setup. My post was asking the question about why there are 2 Hex values in my read BIN file separated by 1 Dec unit and if I should just use 1 hex value in all 6 hex locations representing the odometer klm or mile units.

Screenshot 2024-01-28 at 9.58.29 pm.jpg
    Last edited by Voz; 4th February, 2024 at 12:40 AM.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Voz View Post
    I have a cheap EXP2023+ programmer, I have been able to read Yamaha MT07 93C86A eeprom with this setup. My post was asking the question about why there are 2 Hex values in my read BIN file separated by 1 Dec unit and if I should just use 1 hex value in all 6 hex locations representing the odometer klm or mile units.

Screenshot 2024-01-28 at 9.58.29 pm.jpg
    Yes 6 times the same value will work.
    Last edited by Diagcar1; 28th January, 2024 at 12:55 PM.
    If i helped you with your problem, please press the Thanks button.

Ask your questions in the forum, no response on private messages.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diagcar1 For This Useful Post:

Voz (1st February, 2024)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the confirmation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's funny that I found this thread. I'm exactly trying to do the same as OP

I have ezp2023+ and am trying to read the chip 93c86a using a 8 pin jumper, but i'm not able to. I get no read at all whenever I try..

Could you let me know how to setup the 8 pin jumper on the ezp2023+? Did you use the 1.8v adapter? Is there a trick to read these chips? I've tried two devices still no reads.. Is it possible that I have a bad chip but the cluster still work and show original mileage?