Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Default VNCI 6516SZ Suzuki with Sdt2

I purchased VNCI 6516SZ from flyobd.com. On my request, they sent me the download link, which I downloaded and installed. When the installation starts, after some time it asks to power up the VCI and to press the configure button. When I try to configure it, two messages pop up. It says " The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it ", and " Unable to detect the presence of VCI on USB port (29). I also tried more software but all in vain.
    I contacted their representative who suggested me to install Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, which I already had installed previously. After that they did not respond to any mail.
    I request my fellow members here if anybody could suggest me the solution. Thanks in advance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

1. Hello bro
      Try Different USB Ports: First, try all available USB ports on your computer (both USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 if you have them). Sometimes a faulty port can cause issues.
    2. Check Device Manager:
      • Go to Windows Device Manager (search for it in the start menu).
      • Look for your VCI device. It will probably be showing up as an "Unknown Device," or under "Other Devices" with a yellow exclamation mark.
      • Right-click on it and select "Update Driver." Choose the option to browse your computer for drivers and point it towards the folder containing the drivers they provided.

3. Manual Driver Hunt: If the provided drivers don't work, here's what to try:
      • Device IDs: In Device Manager, right-click on the unknown device, go to "Properties" -> "Details" tab. Under the "Property" dropdown, select "Hardware Ids." Copy the longest ID string.
      • Search Online: Use that ID to search online. Add terms like "driver," or the name of the VCI (VNCI 6516SZ ) to your search. You might stumble upon a forum or website where someone has found a working driver.

4. Virtual Machine : This is more complex, but sometimes helps:
      • Install a virtual machine software (like VirtualBox).
      • Create a virtual machine with an older version of Windows (like Windows 7 or XP).
      • Try installing the software and drivers within the virtual machine. Outdated operating systems sometimes have better luck with these dodgy devices.

Thanks in advance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

1. Open the Suzuki installation package until prompted to connect the device

2. Connect the device via USB, open the Device Manager, select the Network Adapter Bosch VCI, click on Update Driver, browse my computer to find the driver, select the driver update for 2017-04-28, and the update is complete.
    3. Return to Suzuki's installation interface, click on configure, then restart the computer. After restarting, run Suzuki's installation package again to complete.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to VNCI Wu For This Useful Post:

Sralex (6th April, 2024)