Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Toyota Yaris 2007 mmt fault help please

Hi,

My daughter has a 2007 Toyota Yaris, with the MMT transmission fitted, and could do with a little help please.

Basically, I would like to know where the transmission ecu is located? The short story of what happened is below.

I got the 'gear' warning light on at first, plugged in and got p0810, clutch position control error. I removed the clutch actuator and opened it up, it uses a worm gear on the motor to move a toothed gear, which in turn moves the clutch arm. Well my toothed gear was partially stripped. So I ordered, fitted and programmed the new actuator. Just over a month later, the light came on again. Plugged it in, and it was exactly the same fault code. I thought, well it must be the clutch worn out? I replaced the clutch, although it looked very good, as well as being a genuine part. On road test, the warning light came on again! Well as my sister has an identical car, I swapped the clutch actuator from my faulty Yaris and put it on hers. I took her car out and it drove without any problem. I know know my clutch actuator and clutch must be good. My next step was to check the wiring, I would like to do a continuity test from the transmission ecu to the actuator wiring, trouble is, I don't know where the transmission ecu is! Does anyone here know, or have any other suggestions?

Thank you Steve

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    553 Posts

transmission ecu is on passenger site behind glove box

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sorry for my late reply, but thank you. The problem ended up being the fairly new clutch actuator again! It didnt play up on my sisters, but I presume it was because I reset it all again, and didnt drive long enough!