Register
    DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Default 2005 Chefy Colorado KM to Miles help

I recently corrected mileage on a 2005 Chevy Colorado. The original eeprom on the cluster went out so I replaced it with a virgin eeprom. I loaded a 93c56 bin from a previous '05 Colorado I had done and zeroed it out. I had corrected the miles on the BCM (95040 eeprom), and then put everything back in. Instead of showing miles, it now shows kilometers. The original miles were 242704 and I had corrected them to 165212 miles. It shows the mileage I adjusted but in KM. I'm not sure if it's because I used a bin file from a different Colorado for the cluster or if something was done in the BCM but I've done many of these vehicles and this is the first time this has happened. I'm uploading the bin file for the cluster (93c56) and the adjusted bin file for the BCM (95040) to see if someone can help me correct this from KM to Miles.

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Here's the original bin file for the BCM if needed.
    Attached Files Attached Files

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Anyone? I'm still having the same issue. This damn cluster will not go back to miles! Keeps showing up in kilometers.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,914 Posts

How did you solve all the other one?

https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forum...do-KM-to-Miles
    Please DO NOT PM me asking for help.

Post in the forum, that is what it is here for.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

From what I read on the previous post I used a bin from a previous Colorado. Then used iprog to load it and it worked. Kind of did the same here but the reason I did it was because the original eeprom from the cluster went bad. I couldn't read the original bin file. I used a virgin 93c56 eeprom and loaded a bin file file that you had actually zeroed out for me a long while back. Since then this damn cluster stays in KM's.
    Last edited by Marios80; 14th May, 2024 at 02:08 AM.