Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Corsa D Temic 13 256 905 B1000-39 error SOLUTION

Hi everyone,

Recently my Corsa D gave me a "B1000-39 Replace Electronic Control Unit (ECU)" error with no reason (no crash, no water...). Although the error is "not present", it is not eraseable with OP-COM. And all other airbag resistance values were correct.

After searching for information, I got the 95160 EEPROM out of the airbag ECU, and placed it in an addecuate PCB, with soldered wires so that I could read it. I tried to read it with a carprog clone, but I obtained a file full of "FF", which I supposed it was due to a not good Carprog.

Afterwards, I came up with this thread https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forum...-95xxx-Eeproms, so I bought one, as well as some other 95160 EEPROMs to test with. Using AsProgrammer and with 5V supply, I have been able to write and read in the testing EEPROMS. However, the EEPROM of my Airbag ECU seems to be corrupted or damaged as it reads all "FF".

I know that in this forum there are many people who know how to clear the EEPROM content to delete those errors, but I donīt know if it is possible to take a "virgin" bin file in order to fill my VIN number and any other needed code or configuration, and set it back in the airbag ECU.

Airbag ECU info:
    13 256 905 - TEMIC 327963935
    402501 A9
    R8V7B20A2T
    Manufacturing date: 20/02/2007

Has anyone faced any similar situation? Any information is welcome.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by badi123; 5th June, 2024 at 10:02 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Default Corsa D

Hi,test with this file
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by danocar View Post
    Hi,test with this file
    Hi, thanks a lot for your response! Should I edit this file to introduce VIN number, or any other info? Is it possible to reprogram the ECU with OPCOM once this data is written to the EEPROM?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I have just resolved my problem.

The problem seems to be the 95160WQ EEPROM from my original SDM module. Trying to read it with Carprog or the CH341A reader was resulting in a bin file full of "FF". To check whether the problem was the EEPROM or the reader, I bought 10 units of 95160 EEPROM from Aliexpress (2€) to play with them.

Then, I searched for bin files that were possible to download and use without passwords in this forum. Looking at many of them (some with crashes, others with errors, and few of them cleared) it was easy to realize about some sections of the bin file content:

1)First zone seems to be a crash log. First byte shall be '00', and then it shall be full of 'FF' For my module, this section was between addresses 0x000 and 0x1bc.
    00_crash_section.jpg

2) Then, there's a section in which the VIN number (between 0x1BC and Ox1CC), and some other module identifications are included. This is between the addresses 0x1bd and somewhere between 0x248-0x25d. I'm not really sure about the boundary of this zone.

3) Afterwards, there's a section of stored errors. This section starts between 0x248-0x25d and apparently finishes in 0x310.

4) Finally, there's another section (or more, but I can't distinguish the data) in which apparently the module configuration is stored. In this section, the most important zone is the one of the security code (carpass), which is located between 0x32B and 0x32E.

First, I tested to write and read multiple times in two different EEPROMs the content of any of the found bin files. Many people stated that some EEPROM readers may be somehow "unstable", and may read or write incorrectly sometimes. This way, I proved myself that my reader was correct. The tool used was the CH341 with a small mod, and the SW AsProgrammer (link can be found in the link of the OP). I would say that the only compulsory step is the 3), but my setup was as follows:

1) Add a 1000uF capacitor between 5V and GND.
    ch341A_capacitor.jpg
    2) Cut or unweld the regulator's middle pin (regulators output).
    ch341A_mod_openRegulator.jpg
    3) Add a second jumper to the CH341A between 3.3V and 5V pins.
    CH341A_jumpers.jpg

Then, fit the new EEPROM in the clip, and connect the clip to the reader (in the 25 SPI socket). Very important to check pinout. Pin 1 shall go to the pin 1 of the 95160 EEPROM (check datasheets just in case!).

After several tries, my EEPROMs from Aliexpress were working fine, but my original EEPROM only contained 'FF'. Thus, I took one of the bin files that I found in this forum (corresponding to my SDM module reference), and checked that the sections looked fine (no crashes, no errors, at least apparently). Then, I modified the VIN number so that matched with my car, and modified the carpass/security code so that it also matched. Afterwards, I wrote the .bin file to one of my new EEPROMS.

Finally, I soldered the EEPROM in the SDM in the same position as the previous one (checked by comparing to the original EEPROMs position).

After installing the SDM again in the Corsa, the airbag lights were gone!! I connected the OPCOM to check if any error was present, and to check the configuration of the recently written bin. In my case, it had 3 registered errors, which were deleted by clearing them through OPCOM. This is why I'm not sure of the exact boundaries of the EEPROM sections. I also checked the SDM configuration, and looks like it does not have the curtain airbags enabled. I suppose that in case of crash, my car's curtain airbags wonīt be activated. This CFG cannot be modified from OPCOM. It will be the same as the CFG of the used bin file's original car configuration.

Hope this helps someone, I'll try to add some more photos below, as I have reached the limit of photos per post.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by badi123; 6th June, 2024 at 09:47 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

For checking and comparing the bin files, I've used WinMerge. Is quite easy to identify the mentioned blocks. Once I identified the needed changes, I opened the .bin file with AsProgrammer, and modified directly with it.

The EEPROM's correct position can be seen in this photo:
    SDM_95160_POSITION.jpg

I'll also attach the bin file I've written in my EEPROM. Just to let you know the configuration of this .bin file, I attach a screenshot of this CFG read from OPCOM. The .bin file contained 3 errors, but they can be deleted with OPCOM.
    Corsa d airbag CFG.jpg

Thanks a lot to all the members of the forum, there's a lot of precious info over here!!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by badi123; 6th June, 2024 at 09:45 PM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to badi123 For This Useful Post:

caddyscrapper (6th June, 2024), casiu (6th June, 2024)