Register
    DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Default ChevroletCaptiva speed limiter 160kmh remove?

Any ideas to remove 160km/h limiter on Chevrolet Captiva? Soon i wil get some ecu info.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

cut the green wire of the speed sensor or purple depend on model with a little switch

and if you want too double your speed just put a realy and put a 12volt on it and its ready too go

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

If you have SCAN-100 or TECH2 i can send you original Chevrolet calibration for country who not need speed limit (e.g. Russia). You will reprog dashboard...and all will be OK.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

What do you mean by calibration? Is it a file or what?
    I have Tech2.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Calibration - it's file with set of function.
    All ecu dump is software+calibration table.

If you diagnose Captiva with Tech2 ...you can see programming info of IPC (dashboard) - part number of software and calibration file.

For exampe on attached picture programming software for Chevrolet.

How you can see IPC (dashboard ) includet 3 parts: IPCUTIL, IPCOPSOFT and IPCCALN.

In IPCCALN you can choose what configuration of dashboard you want. For exampe file 96850918 for FWD GAS2.4 or DSL2.0 and have not speed warning.

But I think..may be speed limit is not dashboard function? Mabe it of ECM or BCM function ? In russia we have not speedlimit on Captiva.

The best choose in this case is use the SCAN-100 with R-CARD. I can give you GMDATSCAN soft (like on picture) and you can reprog Captiva, Antara that what you want (all ECUs..all systems).

For Tech2 you must use TIS (Global,2000 or Chevrolet)...or on-line Global TIS. But i dont know have TIS manual chose mode or not have....
    In manual mode you can choose needed set of file. In automatic mode TIS give you that must bee for your country.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dmitry 42; 9th May, 2010 at 06:14 PM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Captiva 2.4 - ECM BOSH 799
    Captiva 3.2 - dont know...

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dmitry 42 View Post
    The best choose in this case is use the SCAN-100 with R-CARD. I can give you GMDATSCAN soft (like on picture) and you can reprog Captiva, Antara that what you want (all ECUs..all systems).
    I Posted your Software here mate http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...43/#post580831

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Thank you, Qrius!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

If your Captiva can be programmed with Global Tis (check VIN here TIS), there is option for IPC to programm it with or without speed warning.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Yes...yes....i remember too. When Captiva reprogram thru TIS +TECH2 ...TIS asked about speed warning...

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dmitry 42 View Post
    If you have SCAN-100 or TECH2 i can send you original Chevrolet calibration for country who not need speed limit (e.g. Russia). You will reprog dashboard...and all will be OK.

Dmitry i have tech2 and scan-100 i prefer soft in tech2. But speed limiter i meen in the ecu because the engine stalls and seem like fuel cut at this speed.
    Did you mean that i can move speed limiter only using tech2 and tis? here we use brazilian version of captiva
    thanks for help
    Last edited by jackeldestripador; 16th June, 2010 at 01:10 PM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Did you have soft GMDATSCAN ? It is calibration for any Captiva-s ECU. (ABS, SRS, BCM ...etc).

I small work with TIS+TECH2 .....but too many work with Scan-100 + GMDATSCAN (iSPS). You did reflash Captiva with Scan100+iSPS or you dont know how it is?

I think you can use iSPS and reflash you Captiva by the calibration for EUROPE market.

P.S. We can talk about it in PM, Skype or ICQ. And i can try help you online with remote desctop - TeamViewer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi!

I have 2007 Chevrolet Captiva 2.0D with automatic transmission. EDC16C39 engine ECU, 0281014296 96858577
    My problem: Car switch 3 to 4 high switches to high speed in low torque . 61Km /h. I want this to be 50. The other ratios are good switch all torque mode. Is this in the engine control software, in the eeprom or in the changer controller? If i use he car in manual transmission mode, then speed 50 kmh where possible switch 3 to 4. In the software, I found where to decide how much rotation the wheel would run for larger torque, but does not affect 61kmh speed. it's as if there was a limiter byte somewhere, for every gear ratio, below which it will not let you use it. where is this byte? is there someone for this damos?