Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Power of media on voters

It appears newspapers and Sky have their own agenda when it comes to who they want at 10 Downing Street.Maybe,the editors get favours in return for supporting a political party by exclusive interviews or lateset news releases.Certainly,the Daily Mail is scathing on its attacks on Clegg & Brown with Cameron their golden boy.The Telegraph also displays this tone.As for Murdoch with Sky & the Times and the Sun newspapers,his entire network is hell bent on getting the Conservatives to win.My question is do you think the media can brainwash the opinions of the electorate or will the voter decide for themselves.For instance,does the a reader of the Sun newspaper who may be on the minimum wage and live in a council estate really be brainwashed on voting Tory,yet have nothing in common with exclusive upbringing of these MPs?Or do people see through these posturings from editors,to make their own minds up?Any thoughts
    Winning fair & square is the hardest thing of all in Serie A

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I figure if the media can brainwash someone into thinking X-Factor and Big Brother is actualy less painful than open heart surgery without anasthetic, then theres not much the bastards cant do.

The masses are already very much brainwashed, the media nowadays only has to point a direction and the sheep will follow.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chroma View Post
    I figure if the media can brainwash someone into thinking X-Factor and Big Brother is actualy less painful than open heart surgery without anasthetic, then theres not much the bastards cant do.

The masses are already very much brainwashed, the media nowadays only has to point a direction and the sheep will follow.
    Totally agree.Though its a sad indictment on our fellow beings
    Winning fair & square is the hardest thing of all in Serie A

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

if you dont formulate your opinions from reading and watching the open media where the ~~~~ do you get your info from

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by opsmonkey View Post
    if you dont formulate your opinions from reading and watching the open media where the ~~~~ do you get your info from
    Thats a damned good question.

You've got to admit however that the media is far from an unbiased source.
    Having been overseas and seen the media coverage over here can you honestly say both experiences add up?

Medias been on a downward spiral since WWII, the final nail in the coffin in my opinion was the leaking of the pentagon papers and subsequent watergate scandal, after the government found out that they couldnt legaly force an injunction on coverage the only option left was to hermogenise the lot and let stooges run the show.
    No need to indict an editor when hes in your pocket.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest.