Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Default if you were the new pm

I'd extend tax brackets from 50% up to 60% for those earning over ?100k.

Reduce all hospital management by 50%

No person paid out of the public purse would earn more than a cabinet minister. That would include the head of BBC, Tax office, Royal Mail, Celebs like Paxman/Dimbleby.

Slash BBC budget (you don't really need 2 news readers do you?)

I'd make the BBC become self financing. Scrap the TV Licence.

I'd make a staged withdrawal from Afghanistan and Cut troops by 10%

Cut all Public Offices by 25% (Council etc)

Scrap ID and Health computer system.
    Certainly the ID system needs to be scrapped. NHS system, undecided.
    At least a fully computerised system would give doctors access to your medical records no matter where you were in the country. (Company designing and building the system would be subject to severe penalties for overspend/ delays etc.

Give the Met Office windows to look out of instead of ?250,000,000 computers. (Far more accurate).

Ohh nearly forgot.
    MP's expenses curtailed.

They can claim for stationary and one researcher (not a family member)
    Build a large hostel in central London for them to stay in. No claims for mortgage interest on their primary residence. No second house allowances at all. If they don't like it, they have the option to stand down immediately, with my blessing.

Hard but Fair,, That's me. now what would you do

Admin Assistant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

i hope you don't ever get to be PM then.. some reasonable ideas regarding goverment ministers but as for the rest of it... no

V.I.P. Member
    Meatheadshire (Between London and Scotland)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,770 Posts

Nah limit max earning of ANYBODY to 50k (Except DevilFish
    for such a amazing website).

Yeah, do it

No person paid out of the public purse would earn more than a cabinet minister. That would include the head of BBC, Tax office, Royal Mail, Celebs like Paxman/Dimbleby.

Yeah, see first comment

Nah scrap the news we have GMB45 for that

Yes and yes, but STRICT time limits on adverts

ONLY if you at the same time reduce the number of Kebab houses here
    in the UK

ID is useful if a person is reported lost or stolen

At least a fully computerised system would give doctors access to your medical records no matter where you were in the country. (Company designing and building the system would be subject to severe penalties for overspend/ delays etc.

Give the Met Office windows to look out of instead of ?250,000,000 computers. (Far more accurate).

Ohh nearly forgot.
    MP's expenses curtailed.

Build a large hostel in central London for them to stay in. No claims for mortgage interest on their primary residence. No second house allowances at all. If they don't like it, they have the option to stand down immediately, with my blessing.

Hard but Fair,, That's me. now what would you do[/QUOTE]

Was Banned For Being Certifiably Insane and Stupid

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hoggy952 View Post

I'd make the BBC become self financing. Scrap the TV Licence. go for it, youve got my vote

Ohh nearly forgot.
    MP's expenses curtailed.

go for it, you have my vote....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hoggy952 View Post

Ohh nearly forgot.
    MP's expenses curtailed.

some decent ideas here i like the hostel idea and hospitals are over staffed with pen pushers as are the councils

NHS is a must but i wouldnt be oppose to your NI contributions going towards private health care fund for your you and your family

regards to troops i wouldnt have them fighting anywhere except to protect us from direct attack i would pull them out traight away

nuclear warheads will stay as a detterent to others

idea's for ID cards should be scrapped

we should pull out of europe and never abolish the ? why should we pay money to struggling countries when our own is in debt

ID scrap foriegn aid too

id get rid of all the stupid teachers and make them qualified for what they teach in schools the amount of teachers and teaching assistants who can barely read write and add up is disgusting

no wonder kids are stupid these days labour just think that knocking down schools and getting extra teaching assistants makes kids more bright

Wrong when did a shiney new building teach anyone anything the money should have been invested in training teachers who can actually add up and read

discipline in schools should be brought back and police should have more powers everyone has gone soft we are a country of do gooding fairys

prison bills shud be cut by just locking them up 24/7 visiting orders should be scrapped as should contact with the outside world,scrap gourmet grub give em the bare minimum (porridge) if they want to go on hunger strike and die let em, give em no tv's no playstaions or ~~~ all.this would also ensure no drugs and no phones were smuggled in

for any do gooders moaning about human rights ~~~~ off they shouldnt have done it in the first place and they no the consequences when they done it

death penalty should be re-instated for murderers and kiddie fiddlers where the sentence is proved beyond a reasonable doubt if not death penalty at least chemical castration

and lastly BBC should stay as it is i hate adverts i get enough with the other channels and would rather pay the ?12 a month or ?3 a week to stay advert free they do have to pay good salaries to stop em going to itv ect and the more you hammer the rich the more the will put there money overseas

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thanks a lot

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

I'd leave the BBC the way it is, just reduce the pay for the high earners.

Afganistan is all about oil, so pull them out.

I've said it before & I'm doing it again.... If a computer is running slow & swallowing resources for no reason...You format it & start again.
    That's what government needs, wiping out & starting again.

The prison over population & be solved with some interesting reality tv.
    I'm thinking a hybrid of Meerkat Manour & the film No Escape. Take all the chav scum & petty thugs out of the system (not the lifers or sex crime offenders) & transport them to central africa. Construct crude dwellings in the middle of a desert & provide a source of water & food. Tag them with GPS & install tv cameras. With 24 hour coverage & highlights every week, add request lines & it could make a profit.
    I'd estimate an average life span of less than 4 months before either a failed escape atempt or another inmate has killed them. With 3 villages within a 40 minute walk of each other the potential for feuding will make for good viewing.

Geting back to the sensible stuff...

I'd get rid of the Digital Economy Bill & lock up 'Randy Mandy' for all his dodgy dealings.

Give the police the power to use force without the threat of being sued. Get rid of 60% of their paper work & let them self govern.

Lower fuel duty & abolish vehicle tax. Instead combine the two so the more you drive, or the bigger the engine, the more you will pay. Transport business' such as HGV & public transport would be given cheaper prices. As would farmers. But not taxi's or foreign transport firms, they can pay like everyone else.

I'd also make sure we never lose the Pound & pull us out of europe.

Rant over. Is there a rant section here?

Canker