Register
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Which Linux Box

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Morning all.

Just got a Skybox F5 and am so impresssed with it that my thoughts are heading to replace my Sly Plus HD box with a real system.

Having read through this section there appears to be a few candidates for the replacement. The Amiko Alien 2 appears to be a good system as well as a good price. The only thing I notice is that there does not appear to be Forum section for this machine. Is this because it is new or is it a subset of another machine?

I would appreciate the considered opinions of others as to the merits or otherwise of the various candidates. Price is a concern! Support is also a concern. The ability for the new box to duplicate the Sly box is essential (PVR etc), the wife is not a techie. The ability to have the "functionality" for the F5 is of course essential.

I am not a novice with computers, I am now quite expert on Linux servers etc or for that matter satellite, just stuck in the past! I still have my TM1000 somewhere! Got rid of my 1m dish way back when everything went black....

Also is it time to look at 19E or 13E? Is it worth it?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Jon
    Last edited by jonfear; 11th August, 2013 at 10:35 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jonfear For This Useful Post:

intovertu (20th December, 2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello people, I have a vu+ solo2 best e2 box I've bought but one thing that lets it down is theirs no blind scan I've tried the app but dose not work. Could people recommend a good e2 machine with a good tuner and blind scan option.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

If your looking for a simple solution with good support go for the F5 (newest one is F5s now but remember it uses a different image compared to F5, don't think you will need to change it though)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to freakazoid789 For This Useful Post:

intovertu (20th December, 2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by freakazoid789 View Post
    If your looking for a simple solution with good support go for the F5 (newest one is F5s now but remember it uses a different image compared to F5, don't think you will need to change it though)
    It's not a Linux box. OP wants Linux

Sent from my AZ210A using Tapatalk 2
    Fave replies from various threads

1: What the fff is all that about??? All that crap below your reply I mean, get a life mate
    2: no info on google abt the pace sv5 rang asda they have no idea what i was talking about,
    3: Your total contribution to this forum, bordering on trolling, seems to have been a collection of snipes, one liners & asterisked expletives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi all, i`m very new to this and bought a skybox F6 recently to try it out , it seems to work very well for what i need ....i am based in france, but initial setup wasn`t very easy due to lack of support. i would like to buy a second box and looking at either dreambox or vu solo , is one preferable over the other ? the interface on the skybox is not very good , ie menu , looking for an easy setup and easy updates.

many thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Personally i would go for the Solo2 (ORIGINAL) it is a Fantastic box and easy enough to set up if you know what you are doing

the only thing that lets it down is that it only has 2 tuners

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    550 Posts

so glad you mentioned solo2 original as clones are on deaths door.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Solo2 (orginal) is stable with loads of support - great performance with price on the high side - but worth it I would say for peace of mind with a rock solid performance

Duo2 - is great with possibility of upgrading with plug and play tuners

Gigablue quad + looks good and if it delivers what it says and is stable in performaing as advertised it will give you best performance with best price

There are other receivers coming which look interesting like the MiracleBox

it is certainly an interesting time with the amount of receivers arriving on the market along with the fact there may be some changes arriving on 28e sat scene/viewership. As the chinese proverb goes "may you live in interesting times"

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to redondo5 For This Useful Post:

Bigtings (3rd September, 2014), intovertu (20th December, 2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

im using past weeks a wetek play and the possibility of having android and enigma2 is very good. altough the enigma2 images are not yet very well optimized.

im testing an et7000 and the receiver is dam fast. im keepin it as my main receiver at home for now

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456