Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

from what most experts say anything from 42" higher Plasma is best

but Plasma do suffer from image retention, not as bad as the earlier models, but they do, I have a 50" LG Plasma and once my son left the a game in pause mode for a good hour and when I went to watch TV I could see the Wii image and it took it a few minutes to clear and then it wasnt perfect, thank god my LG has a whitewash which cleared the screen and it was back to normal.

Panasonic tend to be better when it comes to IR than other makes.

Top Poster +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

plasma or lcd it always comes down to the hardware in the tv that determines which is better...

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for all your kind answers.
    At last i can buy the Philips 42 LCD 5000 Series.And i am enjoyed with its HD features.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts

Plasma's always win hands down in picture quality.When you compare a high end plasma with a high end lcd, the plasma wins.Plasma's use phosphur just like a crt tv does, instead of an electron beam hitting the phosphur the plasma does.It has vibrant colours and does not suffer from viewing angle problems.If i was to buy an lcd it would only be a sony bravia.The motion engine used to proccess the image is second to none.The problem with lcd tv's is that the CCFL's or the inverter that drives them always fails, that is the single most failure in a lcd tv.Unless your prepared to fork out the money & buy an LED LCD TV.Also i recommend that you get the extented warranty on an lcd tv

khurramdar, i've attached the service manual for the tv that you've probably bought already, you'll need it
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have lg 42lh3000 with unlocked USB for play HD mkv files and I am more than satisfied.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

I also have the above TV and its superb. Plasma do have a brighter picture, other than that, there is only a few differences. Plasma have issue with image retention, so basically if your playing video games on a tv, your best with LCD as they are faster than plasma

I run as many films ect in 1080p on an LCD and i cant complain at all, have seen plasma but i prefer LCD

"Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123