Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question just cant get pc to see box

Ive been trying all week and used just about everything i can find to connect to my euromaxV im using a usb to 9pin adaptor which i have the driver for so its comming up in my device manager but every tool ive tried to connect with tells me to switch the box on or check my connections is it possible i need some sort of driver to get the two talking ive spent hour apon hour and usually i would have went back to where i got the cable to check it is a null but usually when i do this i end up looking like a fool as it turns out to be somthing really silly so id,e be really gratefull for any help with this

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

What version of windows

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Default cant see the box

i had simmilar problem m8 but it was my com port1 that wasnt shown i then realised i had the usb stick in the front of the pc and there usb1 and many times you need to manually have to select the com port but in the back of any pc is the usb2 slots and they auto detect. well they did for my on both my eurovox boxes and my 2 pc's running windows 7 and xp pro. hope it helps you.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

if you go into device manager and find the usb adapter listed under com ports it will tell you what com port its on. if its not on ports 1-4 you wil lneed to change it by right click properties/com ports/advanced there you will find a drop down box with the port number on, change for one of the ports not in use 1-4.