Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Skim reset

After you reset a used PCM SKIM with cardaq, car will start, but make sure you also rewrite VIN #, can be done with same tool "Cardaq's J2534 Toolbox 2 program". if you don't the ABS light will turn on with a code for mismatched VIN.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default SKIM reset

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...75855547585554 This procedure is for Cardaq Plus with "toolbox 2" soft (pre-CAN vehicles)
    ...please press the "thanks" button if it heps you!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Gutz; 9th June, 2011 at 03:32 AM.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

I wanted to clarify this. A (reset or new or used without security) chrysler ECU doesn't learn PIN from SKIM module. It simply looks for SKIM module in the K-line. If it finds SKIM, then it will always wait for permission to run the car. Keyword is "alway' until you remove that feature or reset it. In the newer system like Skreem other data have to match too.

Pin is always in the SKIM, never ECU.

cardaq is not the only tool that can do it. But easier than other methods.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

I have the LAUNCH J-BOX (Cardaq +), with the toolbox it was very easy to replace the ECM. What I notice TODAY, working on a 2011 Chrysler 300 stretch limo was that the function to re write mileage on PCM it doens't work, even setting mileage in increments of 8 miles.
    I took my LAUNCH GDS, get into PCM and then the process was a piece of cake... It ask if the mileage was in between 2 readings , then I hit No and it pops a screen with a input option... I set new milleage and job was done in a matter of 10 seconds. "Cardaq fail to write back new mileage on SRI"

5. The Following User Says Thank You to AvechuchoAxel For This Useful Post:

hunter123xyz (15th December, 2023)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Also you might have issues if you verify your car for emissions, as the machine checks for the VIN. Regards.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12