Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Problems with Caterpillar Communicator Adapter II

hello

I have a Caterpillar 275-5121 Communication Adapter II, to start the CAT ET he believes the interface, but after not more think the ECM, anyone have any idea what i can do or what could be?

Thank you. excuse any errors of english, i'm using google translator. i am in brazil.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

you have install the software for communication adapter II??what cat et your used?? sorry for my english i am german

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

npgtf i have the same.. trying to understand your english ??? Check baud rates, coms ports or the usb to serial port cable is installed

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

If you have already installed the driver software then go into the options aand select that adapter and it should work make sure you save the changes also you might have to restart the program have a good day

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hey guys,

non much related but what is a good price to pay for a used adaptor?

regards

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello friends I have a problem with Cat Comm2 RP1210, I?m trying again and again to conect with ECM machine through communicator+Serial cable+Serial-USB Adaptor and I Can?t. I have installed ET2009C, and I checked the baud rates, the com1 port settings, I installed the right serial to USB drivers and software, I uninstalled all hardware to avoid conflict with com1 port and still nothing, don?t work. Also I tried to update via flash the firmware of communicator with file CA2v3i1.0.apf and the process iniciate well but at the end I obtain the message "Flash was unsuccessful" "Error 0 ". How Can I solve this situation?. Any Suggestion?. I have XP-SP3 full updated.
    Thank you in advance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by usaman View Post
    Hello friends I have a problem with Cat Comm2 RP1210, I?m trying again and again to conect with ECM machine through communicator+Serial cable+Serial-USB Adaptor and I Can?t. I have installed ET2009C, and I checked the baud rates, the com1 port settings, I installed the right serial to USB drivers and software, I uninstalled all hardware to avoid conflict with com1 port and still nothing, don?t work. Also I tried to update via flash the firmware of communicator with file CA2v3i1.0.apf and the process iniciate well but at the end I obtain the message "Flash was unsuccessful" "Error 0 ". How Can I solve this situation?. Any Suggestion?. I have XP-SP3 full updated.
    Thank you in advance
    If you are using a serial to usb it can take some
    trouble to setup.

Some usb to serial adaptors wont
    work with ET.

Sometimes you have to use com3 port.

Best you go to the help section in ET and
    follow the directions.Sometimes you may have
    to go into the computer BIOS and reset ports.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mozzie View Post
    If you are using a serial to usb it can take some
    trouble to setup.

Some usb to serial adaptors wont
    work with ET.

Sometimes you have to use com3 port.

Best you go to the help section in ET and
    follow the directions.Sometimes you may have
    to go into the computer BIOS and reset ports.
    Good Morning mozzie thanks for your attention, I do it everything that to say and don?t work. I tried with COM3, I bought and tried with another Serial-USB adaptor, I read and I do all that the help section in ET say, reset port, change Bios and nothing?.
    I tried in my Desktop with ET2009C, XP-SP3 but connecting the serial cable directly to desktop and IT?S WORKS. The problems is When I going to connect in the USB port through Serial-USB adaptor. I thought that I need to update the firmware of my communicator flashing it with file CA2v3i1.0.apf and the process iniciate well but at the end I obtain the message "Flash was unsuccessful" "Error 0 ", and now I have another problem because the communicator don?t connect even with my desktop?????

My new strategy is trying to flash the communicator in another desktop with XP-SP2 and if this works try to connect through USB port in this PC.

Any corrections, new strategy or help will be well received

Thank you again

Usaman

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default hi ,dear

Quote Originally Posted by usaman View Post
    Good Morning mozzie thanks for your attention, I do it everything that to say and don?t work. I tried with COM3, I bought and tried with another Serial-USB adaptor, I read and I do all that the help section in ET say, reset port, change Bios and nothing?.
    I tried in my Desktop with ET2009C, XP-SP3 but connecting the serial cable directly to desktop and IT?S WORKS. The problems is When I going to connect in the USB port through Serial-USB adaptor. I thought that I need to update the firmware of my communicator flashing it with file CA2v3i1.0.apf and the process iniciate well but at the end I obtain the message "Flash was unsuccessful" "Error 0 ", and now I have another problem because the communicator don?t connect even with my desktop?????

My new strategy is trying to flash the communicator in another desktop with XP-SP2 and if this works try to connect through USB port in this PC.

Any corrections, new strategy or help will be well received

Thank you again

Usaman
    check usb port

right click on my computer/properties/hardware/device manager/universal serial bus controller
    see the port
    then change in et

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have this problem... Anybody help me?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dear fellows I?ll inform you that I Could resolve the firmware update of my communicator changing the Serial Cable that connect the communicator with PC serial port but I can?t connect through USB-Serial Adaptor still I think like mozzie said that some usb to serial adaptors wont work with ET. If anybody know USB-SERIAL Adaptor that works with ET software, please tell me.
    Thank you
    Usaman

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I have heard that pcmcia to serial is better than usb to serial.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok, I will try with ExpressCard to Serial Adapter in my laptop and then tell you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I use an ATEN serial to usb adaptor, a bit of a pain to set up but works well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default CAT USB Serial for CAT Comm Adapter II

Friends, Try to order this CAT USB Serial Cable with Part number: 327-0375I'm using this and so far I don't have any issues.

Hope this will help to everybody... cheers m8

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast