Register

Thread: SMS 3G - iP4

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default SMS 3G - iP4

Hi there, I need to find a way to transfer all my SMS conversations from my iPhone 3G to iPhone 4. (I've read about Tansee but unsure if it can integrate old & new messages)

3G was set to sync with a PC that I stupidly let my niece and nephew use, not remembering I had an XP CD in the drive. they rebooted, and rather than leave it, followed instructions, and wiped the HDD.

So I now use my laptop for sync of iPhone 4, I've locked down the BIOS and have Biometric access to Win7. no kids gonna be ruining my iPhone 4 experience

This does however leave me with a problem of the SMS. I've dealt with the loss of masses of iTunes Store music purchases, however, without a backup from the old 3G, and with a 64 character random created HEX password on my iPhone 3G backup anyway, I think I may be bugg*red on this.

I've seen Tansee threads about being able to connect to iPhone and store messages on your PC, but would this then be able to uploaded to (and merge) iPhone 4 SMS?

any help or pointers will be much appreciated.

Eurovox EX5100 PVR

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by freecableplz? View Post
    Hi there, I need to find a way to transfer all my SMS conversations from my iPhone 3G to iPhone 4. (I've read about Tansee but unsure if it can integrate old & new messages)

3G was set to sync with a PC that I stupidly let my niece and nephew use, not remembering I had an XP CD in the drive. they rebooted, and rather than leave it, followed instructions, and wiped the HDD.

So I now use my laptop for sync of iPhone 4, I've locked down the BIOS and have Biometric access to Win7. no kids gonna be ruining my iPhone 4 experience

This does however leave me with a problem of the SMS. I've dealt with the loss of masses of iTunes Store music purchases, however, without a backup from the old 3G, and with a 64 character random created HEX password on my iPhone 3G backup anyway, I think I may be bugg*red on this.

I've seen Tansee threads about being able to connect to iPhone and store messages on your PC, but would this then be able to uploaded to (and merge) iPhone 4 SMS?

any help or pointers will be much appreciated.
    O know a solution to this but it needs to be jailbroken iphone :/

in Cydia search "iTextUploader" then install it, create an account, save all sms. Now on your iPhone 4 do the same (wait foe a jailbreak to be released) download an install iTextuploader log in to your account and restore sms I see no other way

Cheers and good luck with kids

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Seems reasonable. I don't really have any need for a jailbroken phone other than this though, does iTunes backup JB phones? and if so, can I backup, set phone to factory settings and then restore from backup and have a 'normal' phone again?

on the other hand, has anyone evaluated the hardware possibilities of an iP4 from a JailBreak perspective? if there are some really really good features it may sway my above thoughts for when the Dev team have cracked it...

Eurovox EX5100 PVR

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Yes iTunes backups JB phones and can restore them and it will be as "normal" as you said

Well what can i say, jailbroken iPhone can do way more things than normal can. Fistly - CRACKED APPS so you don't need to pay for them! Then a bunch of other stuff for example iBlueNova whiich can send/receive files through bluetooth, or MyWifi (don't remember the exact name) which allows iphone to use as a Wifi router! and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs up

yeah, sounds pretty good.

Well, I'll hold out for the iP4 JB before sending Ol' Threegy off to Mazuma & I'll keep an eye on Google for JB apps of interest...

MyWiFi sounds the best, will save me the hassle of de-branding my laptops' UMTS card and buying a microSIM adaptor!

Thanks,

Dan

Eurovox EX5100 PVR

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Just forgot to inform you:

iTextUploader is now currently disabled but it should be on again sooner or later. That's because original authors of it went away from this app because of "legal" things and there's a guy who bought source codes from them and now he's preparing to get it on again