Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

Default apple call emergency press conference

just heard on the news that apple have called an emergency press conference for tomorrow- word is that there is going to be a recall of all iphone 4's due to the reception problem.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...onference.html
    Last edited by johnboy1974; 15th July, 2010 at 06:11 PM.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Apple Engineer Warned About iPhone 4 Issue

It has emerged that a senior engineer at Apple raised concerns that the design of the iPhone 4's antenna could lead to signal problems long before the product went on sale to the public.
    Bloomberg has reported that last year antenna expert Ruben Caballero told the firm's management that the device may have faults.
    Apple has refused to comment on this claim but it appears Mr Caballero's warnings went unheeded.
    Apple launched the latest version of the phone last month to great fanfare as it boasted of a design that put the antenna in a stainless steel band around the phone's frame.
    But it has been plagued with user complaints about dropped calls when the phone is held in a way that covers part of the antenna.
    The company has announced that a special press conference will be held on Friday to address the problems customers are experiencing.
    However, an Apple spokesman declined to give further details, including whether the conference will address the new model's reception problems.
    But Apple watchers say they believe that the company will offer a solution.
    "Given the intense pressure and scrutiny Apple has come under on the problem with the iPhone 4, it's going to be about some kind of fix or compensation for the owners of the phone," said Ed Snyder, an analyst with Charter Equity Research.
    Antenna-design experts have said that the phone design, while cutting-edge, was risky because it exposes the antenna to touch.
    What started out as a small number of users complaining about reception has now ballooned into a full-scale public-relations issue.
    Critics say Apple has created a public relations headache for itself by appearing to dismiss or ignore the problem, allowing a minor issue to be turned into headline news.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Tec...er_New_Handset

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

i dont see the point of a recall if there is no fix so perhaps you are right janobi with the compensation idea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Several technology blogs are covering the press conference live! I am thrilled what apple will announce there..

What do you think? Global Recall? Free Bumpers for everyone? Software Fix?

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by realiti2000 View Post
    Several technology blogs are covering the press conference live! I am thrilled what apple will announce there..

So its free bumper's for all , not that i've had any probs with the phone ,still not one to turn down a freebie
    Apple to give away rubber case to fix iPhone fault - News, Gadgets & Tech - The Independent
    Last edited by macjst35; 16th July, 2010 at 07:44 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by realiti2000 View Post

why are you so thrilled mate youve bought a seriously expensive phone that dont work properly and they give you a rubber case to fix it- its a bit like buying a 200 pound pair of trainers then wrapping them up in a polly bag!!!

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnboy1974 View Post
    why are you so thrilled mate youve bought a seriously expensive phone that dont work properly and they give you a rubber case to fix it- its a bit like buying a 200 pound pair of trainers then wrapping them up in a polly bag!!!
    And it's not like the signal problem is the only issue. The camera can crash the phone due to buffer issues, screen bleeding, software bugs (ok every phone suffers from this) & the gorilla glass used on the back is prone to cracking/spider web break when dropped from even a small height (less than 3ft)
    Canker

"Animal, vegetable or mineral... I'll do anything, to anything, with anything"
    - The Baby Eating Bishop of Bath & Wells
    [COLOR=Green]

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I really dont understand how they think a software fix can fix a hardware problem?

Also the new fix for Iphone 4 actually causes problem for the old 3g / 3gs phones. Another bollock dropped by apple!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

apple should do the decent thing and give people a full refund if they are not happy with the phone.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnboy1974 View Post
    apple should do the decent thing and give people a full refund if they are not happy with the phone.
    Steve Job's said that last night so if you want one ok if you don't take it back for refund .
    BBC News - Apple offers free iPhone 4 cases
    Has i said before i've had no probs with mine including filming worked with no probs at silverstone last weekend .