Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default DBOX 2 Help - Flashed to Commando 12 - No Channels??

Hi,

I have flashed my DBOX2 with Commando 12. I have also added the Magic Files (Lib, EMU, Keys) and changed the attributes to 755 as per the instructions. I set my location on the DBOX, but when I scan I get no channels at all - What am I doing wrong?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sorted now - the issue was that Commando 12 needed an update. I networked the DBOX to my router and updated the image using the DBOX's update feature through the remote control. Fast Scan still didn't work, but using the Brute Force option to scan instead has come up trumps. Channels working.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

how do you do an online update i cant see it on the menu options.
    please help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ok i found out how to online update commando 12 it really is simple just a shame nobody says anywhere how to do it.
    or at least i cant find it anywhere.
    after flashing & restart connect your dbox to the internet. a network cable through your router works fine. then after setting network settings & closing down menu just press the blue button on remote & a whole new menu comes up called technical.
    on there is commando system menu online update is there.
    simple really.
    but my next thing is this used to have this flash image installed Sportster_ultra [2x] 021109 with which dave, living, bravo etc worked fine. i also have a eurovox 1100usb box on which living dave & bravo etc still work but with my dbox these channels just show blank screen.
    can anyone tell me why or how to rectify this.
    cheers nedster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've checked and these channels are working fine, except Dave - couldn't find that one, but there is one called Dave ja Vu. I suggest that you make sure that your cable feed line is inserted/seated into your box properly, and if still the same, then try another Brute Force Scan.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fushionman View Post
    I've checked and these channels are working fine, except Dave - couldn't find that one, but there is one called Dave ja Vu. I suggest that you make sure that your cable feed line is inserted/seated into your box properly, and if still the same, then try another Brute Force Scan.
    I tried it i even used 2 to 3 different images commando 12, ultraphat appocalypse, lhc2 all had the same problem. so in the end i went back to my old sportstar 1.72 ultra image as soon as i scan with that i get all of the channels i mentioned no problems.
    all i can think is that with the new images my signal needs to be boosted or something.
    cheers nedster

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NEDSTER1972 View Post
    I tried it i even used 2 to 3 different images commando 12, ultraphat appocalypse, lhc2 all had the same problem. so in the end i went back to my old sportstar 1.72 ultra image as soon as i scan with that i get all of the channels i mentioned no problems.
    all i can think is that with the new images my signal needs to be boosted or something.
    cheers nedster
    in which case you should extract the cables.xml from it and put it into 1 of the newer images and scan then

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

cheers mate will try that sometime i have messed around with the boquets a bit through ftp but i am not too clever with the rest of it as knowing me i will probably fick something up.
    after i reflashed with ultra image i put some of the cables, boquets, sevices & my services from the commando flash on & then when i went to scan i only had the 6887 provider available i had lost my 6952 provider for some reason.
    so i had to reflash image.
    i have also been trying to get the channel icons & lcd screen displays on but again i dont know where they go on the box. tried the tubox folder & a couple of others & it still doesnt work. but as long as i have all the channels that are available then that will do me.
    cheers nedster.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Pls can sombody tell me how to unlock my The Box Usb 2 i bought it and fixed it it started scanning but after long scanning it coming up with nothing except BBC 1. PLS i do i get it unlocked. Thks