Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default reception problems

hello all
    my dbox2 is all good apart from the fact that recently in the last month or so when i zap to a channel its making some weird noises that i cant explain in words and im not getting a picture,,,on another day its fine but another channel might be doing the same,,today while trying to watch itv 4 it was playing up i checked my cables etc and all seems fine,,,any suggestions ???
    thankyou for taking the time to read
    The control of information is the consolidation of power

?I care not what puppet is placed on the throne of England to rule the Empire. The man who controls Britain?s money supply controls the British Empire and I control the British money supply.? ? Nathan Rothschild

IF I HELPED HIT THE THANKS BUTTON

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

It sounds like Nagra 3 is creeping into your box slowly but surely Seriously tho m8 i was gonna say check your connections but you alreay have so maybe the tuner is on the way out.

THE TRUTH
    The Hillsborough Independent Panel. 12/09/12

Today's report is black and white.The Liverpool fans were not the cause of the disaster.
    The panel has quite simply found 'no evidence' in support of allegations of 'exceptional levels of drunkenness, ticketlessness or violence among Liverpool fans' and 'no evidence that fans had conspired to arrive late at the stadium' and 'no evidence that they stole from the dead and dying'.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thats what i was thinking but i had these weird noises before and it was dodgy cable connections but as i said previously i checked them and all seems fine my snr readings are as follows max 57825 and min 52942 does that sound like a good signal ?

?I care not what puppet is placed on the throne of England to rule the Empire. The man who controls Britain?s money supply controls the British Empire and I control the British money supply.? ? Nathan Rothschild

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

Yea your SNR seems ok. If you have any splitters in m8 take them out and see if that helps.

THE TRUTH
    The Hillsborough Independent Panel. 12/09/12

Today's report is black and white.The Liverpool fans were not the cause of the disaster.
    The panel has quite simply found 'no evidence' in support of allegations of 'exceptional levels of drunkenness, ticketlessness or violence among Liverpool fans' and 'no evidence that fans had conspired to arrive late at the stadium' and 'no evidence that they stole from the dead and dying'.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Save you r service and bowk s
    And try a rescan,they may have moved a bit
    Try a slow scan,If no better FTP your service and bows back..........Paul
    If your Happy with the Help push the Thanx button
    PAUL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ok will give that a go this evening and hopefully it might rectify it
    thanks for the advice

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cablefreejunkie View Post
    thats what i was thinking but i had these weird noises before and it was dodgy cable connections but as i said previously i checked them and all seems fine my snr readings are as follows max 57825 and min 52942 does that sound like a good signal ?
    you want to try to get 55k or above, preferably above 60k. below 55k u can get picture pixalating and the chirping sound.....try a booster and or gently move the aerial connection on a prob channel and see if u can get snr above 55k, mines a little loose and needs to be adjusted from time to time.

cheers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

unplugged the splitter and hey presto,,no more funny noises and squeels and blank screens,i would never have thought to do that in the first place,,,thanks for the help