Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Don't Mention The War !

So !
    It?s all over is it ?
    As the darkness falls across the digital freedom we all have enjoyed for so long I hear ?nag3? whispered in hushed tones, almost ghost like moving amongst us, it has a name but its presence is unknown until it is all too late and a further victim falls on its knees, unable to resist the faceless wraith.
    Have we have succumb to a fear, have we surrendered and bowed our heads to a perceived superior, have we have lost what we held as a right ?
    So many have contributed so much for so long to maintain our freedom but now we have given up the fight, we have failed those that have gone before us, wasted their efforts, their foresight, their nerve, their belief in resisting the tyranny that is subscription. Plus the obvious cost of a Eurovox !!!
    So as we languish in the digital wasteland, keying in our bank details to allow us the essence of life (Sky Sports 1, Sky Premiere etc. etc.) I ask a simple question.
    Has history just been repeated right before our very eyes ?
    Let me explain......
    My father stood on a bridge in Arnhem during an operation in the 2nd World War as a member of the 1st Airborne Division, he had fought an overwhelming force for days, faced a blitzkrieg, divisions of Tiger tanks, never giving up but always expecting the worst, crawling through sewers, surviving one-on-one / hand-to-hand combat, seeing the life ebb from his combatants as each small victory he achieved contributed to the push forward.
    The goal ?
    To protect what he held true to himself, a freedom that no matter how large the force that besieged him he would never let it become victorious.
    This was no Xbox game, this was a real life and death call of duty.
    We ?don?t mention the war? much but when we do the name he uses for his foe is nazi?s, yes read it again ?nazi?s?.
    Have you noticed the similarity yet ?
    Let me point it out for you......nag3 / nazi (OK so maybe its my imagination!).
    Once this proud nation would never accept defeat, we would never accept a superior force had defeated us until the last heartbeat had been sounded across our green and fertile land but yet today I watch (and read multiple posts) as the life force is squeezed from us, the need for a ?V? card update becomes important to me, I may no longer get to watch all the National Geo channels to see how the whales are doing off the coast of Norway, I will never again have to find replacements for those two exhausted triple ?A?s in my remote control tired and weary from the continuous flicking through the hundreds of channels.
    Why do I post this you may be asking yourself ?
    I cannot do anything about the nag3?s directly, I do not poses the correct skills required for the task BUT what I do know is that out there, somewhere is our Bletchley Park, our modern Alan Turing working away arduously in his garden shed, testing many versions of a flash that one day, maybe just one day will defeat the wraith amongst us. I am merely a foot soldier who sees the tank replaced by the innocent looking white transit van with cool red livery, the staunch grey uniform replaced by user friendly polo shirts with well designed corporate logo?s on the sleeve, but ask me to fight the tyranny of today and I will willingly lay down my remote control to join those who will one day find a cure for the disease you all now know as ?nag3?, I look forward to posting an acknowledgement to the victorious so ?few? who one day will be again owed so much by the many........................

V.I.P. Member
    Meatheadshire (Between London and Scotland)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,777 Posts

can't be arsed to read that drivell, but if you ever turn on Virgin media, nothing but Time Team - diggng up WW1 stuff, WWII documentrys, ALWAYS can be seen clearly a Swash-sticker.

Oh and grand designs.

no idea if sky are as bad

Was Banned For Being Certifiably Insane and Stupid

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Don't Mention The War !

Well written Rennicks.