Register

Hybrid View

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default How do u convert video(.avi) files to play on ipod classic?

Hi folks, can anybody advise on a software program that wud allow me to convert .avi torrents so I can put them on my ipod classic 30gb.
    I've tried to add files with the itunes software but the video files are not even shown - are they supposed to be in mpeg-4 format?
    Thanks in advance

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kahoonas View Post
    Hi folks, can anybody advise on a software program that wud allow me to convert .avi torrents so I can put them on my ipod classic 30gb.
    I've tried to add files with the itunes software but the video files are not even shown - are they supposed to be in mpeg-4 format?
    Thanks in advance
    Yeah you need to convert them to MPEG-4 mate, they should play fine on the classic then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

try Total Video Converter, quick and simple to use. convert to iPod than drag file into iTunes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default AVI to MPEG-2-3-4

IMTOO do some cracking converter programs aimed at ipod's phones & touch's real easy to use and normaly free for 30 days and around 20 to 30 quid to purchase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For my exp. the fastest one i tried is AVS Video Converter. Try to google/torrent-find for it. Supports many video formats and uses all cores/threads of a CPU. 7.4Gig 1080p movie to Iphone/iPod 640х480 H264 = 20minutes on i7/3.6GHz
    Last edited by Vladimir.CDI; 15th August, 2010 at 09:32 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir.CDI View Post
    For my exp. the fastest one i tried is AVS Video Converter. Try to google/torrent-find for it. Supports many video formats and uses all cores/threads of a CPU. 7.4Gig 1080p movie to Iphone/iPod 640х480 H264 = 20minutes on i7/3.6GHz
    was just about to say AVS video converter but you beat me to it, good program and supports more formats than you can shake a stick at