DM500HD hot and unstable
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default DM500HD hot and unstable

Hi, one of my brand new dm500hd recievers runs wery hot and gets unstable. I have checked the fan speed and it seems ok. Still the box crash even under channel search.

Anybody out there with similar problems?

Running dreamelite 1.33c image

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Forget Dream- Elite Image, I Had the same Issue with an earlier version from Them, The only thing going for Dream Elite on the Dreambox is how it looks.

After a few Days of Crashing & Freezing etc (& blue Screen of Death) I switched to Gemini 5.0 It has not crashed once !

Dream-Elite are missing something big when it comes to the new Dreambox 500-HD, I think they don't understand fully how different this receiver is to the 800HD with its more powerfull processor bigger memory etc.

Switch your Image to Gemini 5.0 or new 5.1 (Gemini are payed by Dreambox for these images Dream-Elite are not) Gemini image is not the nicest to look at but after you install some relay good skins & picons you will never turn back.
    **The Worlds Best Interactive F1 Strategy Game**