Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Time sync on Enigma 2

Hi all,

I have DM800 with DreamElite Blackhole. Is there any way to sync the time for the box? I have set the time zone in setup, but for some weird reason my box always shows wrong timing. I remember in DM500 there was "Time from internet" option to sync the time from internet by specifying time server (Blue>Extras>Time from internet).

I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

hmm,,, anyone?

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

Mines the same m8. The box is 7 minutes behind the real time.

THE TRUTH
    The Hillsborough Independent Panel. 12/09/12

Today's report is black and white.The Liverpool fans were not the cause of the disaster.
    The panel has quite simply found 'no evidence' in support of allegations of 'exceptional levels of drunkenness, ticketlessness or violence among Liverpool fans' and 'no evidence that fans had conspired to arrive late at the stadium' and 'no evidence that they stole from the dead and dying'.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iKay View Post
    hmm,,, anyone?
    hi m8 i had time problem in my vu+duo my frande set it up 4 me something like this
    telnet into box
    type:

date -s MMDDhhmm

MM = Month example: 08
    DD = Date example: 18 or 02
    hh = Hours example 02 or 14
    mm = Minutes example 12

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mo.p View Post
    hi m8 i had time problem in my vu+duo my frande set it up 4 me something like this
    telnet into box
    type:

date -s MMDDhhmm

MM = Month example: 08
    DD = Date example: 18 or 02
    hh = Hours example 02 or 14
    mm = Minutes example 12
    thanks.. this is manual and u r required to type the exact time,, in dm500 we had the option to sync to NTP server online..

in linux systems we can use NTPDATE [NTP server] command,, i tried this on DM800 but it didnt work (it returns not found error)

i think there should be a plugin or atleast a command that i can use in CRON to run it at each startup

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iKay View Post
    thanks.. this is manual and u r required to type the exact time,, in dm500 we had the option to sync to NTP server online..

in linux systems we can use NTPDATE [NTP server] command,, i tried this on DM800 but it didnt work (it returns not found error)

i think there should be a plugin or atleast a command that i can use in CRON to run it at each startup
    hi m8 i am sorry i am not good with computer my did it for me sam problem he is on holdays 2 weeks if u havnt sorted then i ask hem let u know

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello, I have written a plugin around ntpdate for Enigma2 to set the time at startup via internet. Tested up to now only on QBoxHD. See NtpDate

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by HorstH View Post
    Hello, I have written a plugin around ntpdate for Enigma2 to set the time at startup via internet. Tested up to now only on QBoxHD. See NtpDate
    thanks a ton! now i don't have to deal with my dm800 showing Jan 2000 for the first few minutes. I have been using this for a few months now. Thanks again : )

PS: For this to work on dreambox 800 (& probably other DM enigma2 boxes?) i had to replace the ntpdate file to the one posted as attachment.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by windozer; 9th December, 2011 at 09:15 AM. Reason: ntpdate file for dreambox

9. The Following User Says Thank You to windozer For This Useful Post:

altoki (28th March, 2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smile Great

Hi All,
    I have registered just to check this out, hope it works as the time bug is driving me mad and breaking the recording schedule

Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi

Anyone who have tested this on DM800se? Tried it, but the boks don't load enigma after I've inserted the folder. I run it with Nemesis 2.3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi,
    you can find now on my page the updated, new version 0.1.4 of the plugin NtpDate with some bug fixes and new features: NtpDate

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HorstH View Post
    Hi,
    you can find now on my page the updated, new version 0.1.4 of the plugin NtpDate with some bug fixes and new features: NtpDate
    Thanks It seem to solve the EPG not loading problem after the config.misc.useTransponderTime=false when using GP2 DVB Time Plugin. Hooray!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ckhub15 View Post
    Thanks It seem to solve the EPG not loading problem after the config.misc.useTransponderTime=false when using GP2 DVB Time Plugin. Hooray!!!
    I have jump the gun. It seems that the ntpupdate is not updating the time when I went press the yellow button in the plugin. The message shown the attribute problem initially and then say it has been fixed. I have try to press the yellow button button, the message "ntpdate problem:Internet connection ok? Time server ok?" pop up. I am using DM800SE and OpenPli image. Any idea?
    Last edited by ckhub15; 28th August, 2012 at 03:05 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ckhub15 View Post
    I have jump the gun. It seems that the ntpupdate is not updating the time when I went press the yellow button in the plugin. The message shown the attribute problem initially and then say it has been fixed. I have try to press the yellow button button, the message "ntpdate problem:Internet connection ok? Time server ok?" pop up. I am using DM800SE and OpenPli image. Any idea?
    Ok, I have managed to solve the problem but using the ntpupdate uploaded by Windozer in post #8. Thanks all!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default which version of ntpdate are you using?

I also seem to have the same problem with ntpdate plugin for my dm800se, could you please let me know which version of the plugin you are using which works?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast