Register
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

just router mate but if using a laptop it needs to be hardwired to router also learnt the hard way

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks mtv1, will give it a go, my channels are all over the shop!!!

(maybe this info could be added to the guide?)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Looks like a good guide

Thanks for your efforts. I will download and try dreambox edit, and post back any useful information I come across.

Regards,
    MST2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi there folks would someone kindly help please, i have sorted my duo with this guide no worries when i try with my solo i get the following errors
    Connecting to 192.168.1.107.
    Connected.
    Dreambox response: Login successful.
    ** Getting directory list /etc/enigma2/* **
    Starting FTP transfer
    Transfer complete
    ** Sending file "/etc/enigma2/lamedb" **
    Starting FTP transfer
    Transfer aborted
    Error sending file "lamedb" to the Dreambox.
    Disconnecting.
    Disconnected.

using 5.0.0.3 and it tests ip no worries im very condfusedthanks in advance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Close DBE and try again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi sgtflipflop i have tried that rebooting laptop and clearing cache and rebooting solo when i trest ip etc its fine just this its driving me nuts i have read your tutorial and it works great on my duo it did on my solo until i changed a regional setting for bbc 1 this worked on duo but not this any more ideas? thx in advance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

the reason for me trying to do this my epg guide has just vanished its showing only a couple of whats on next programmes really odd i have tried using the solo remote in settings to do an update but all fails changed 3 usb sticks too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello all,
    When I got to File -> FTP -> box checked Select files to receive -> Click on Receive files from Dreambox -> I only check boxes for Users Bouquets TV & Users Bouquets Radio -> Click ok -> I get below Error message

"You must first use the FTP option to copy all necessary files from the dreambox to your PC".

When I click ok on this Error Message -> Information box pops up with message "Successfully received the file-set from the Dreambox" -> I click on OK.

In the DBE 5.0.0.3 I see no bouquets information -> when I go to my Directory I see DBE has saved the files there.

If I click on Receive files from Dreambox and leave the box "select files to receive" unchecked it does it straight away and I can see the bouquets in DBE.

Please can you tell me why I am unable to see the Users bouquets in DBE when I just want to extract them from DB?
    If I want to update the Bouquet order I need to open User bouquet TV file with what program -> Can I amend the channel Name -> or only the channel order of the bouquet?

Also the Picons are not visible in DBE.
    Last edited by B2K420; 15th February, 2012 at 04:37 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Username and password error?

Hi Guys,

i followed strictly on everything from setting up and saving the profile until...

(program log)
    Info 2012-02-17 00:11:54 Connecting to 192.168.1.120.
    Info 2012-02-17 00:11:54 Goodbye.
    Info 2012-02-17 00:11:54 Connected.
    Info 2012-02-17 00:11:54 Goodbye.
    Warning 2012-02-17 00:11:56 Could not login to Dreambox. Check username and password.
    Info 2012-02-17 00:11:56 Disconnecting.
    Info 2012-02-17 00:11:56 Goodbye.

I used the default root/dreambox as username and password. The box is not locked even when i tried to access the menu "setup" while watching on TV. I "test ip connection", it works and connects, even in ftp, but only cant get through the username and password.

Why i couldnt login?
    Any other ways to login or disable the username/pw?

Any advice is greatly appreciated =)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Channel key logo

Hi fellows teammate.
    Here is all a big thanks to the experts on this forum. Over this forum i understand quite a number of things. Well, I am not a pro over this DB thingy but still trying to digest it. LOL.
    So now my problems comes, hahahaha..
    I have done a flash on my db800 PVR using Dream Elite 3.0 Version 008 sim2-SSL-84b.nfi... All is done and have boot up.. But problem is , i cant view channel on SH... Theres a key logo on the info bar. After which, I follow SGTFlipFlop guide on using DBedit but my version is dreamboxEDIT ver 5.0.0.2 .. I manage to follow his steps till step 2. Well . For step 3 i couldnt follow is , i could not find open Icon. So I still try to use open to try it out but it prompt me with an error msg "Direc C:// contains no file called satellite.xml. You can contiune editing the file-set but now there is no translation from satellite position to satellite name avaliable.
    You might consider to first copy all necessary files from the dreambox to your PC with the FTP function."
    So now , i am not sure my SH channel could not be view is due to what reason. Can the pros guide me along. Thanks...

This is for a little hint for those who encounter root n PW problems..
    For me, i also encounter the same problems. So i was sooo pissed off with the problem that i actually delete the PW on the /var/etc. This steps is easy but i am not sure will there be an after effect. Anyway , I just provide my knowledge.
    First, you must have a plugin call "filebrowser".
    So you select the plugin n find /var/etc. Over there, you will see two file containing passwd and -passwd. I deleted this two files. So now i can connect ftp using root n security is set to passive. Now, i am able to connect via fireftp n dbedit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by frenchfry View Post
    Hi fellows teammate.
    Here is all a big thanks to the experts on this forum. Over this forum i understand quite a number of things. Well, I am not a pro over this DB thingy but still trying to digest it. LOL.
    So now my problems comes, hahahaha..
    I have done a flash on my db800 PVR using Dream Elite 3.0 Version 008 sim2-SSL-84b.nfi... All is done and have boot up.. But problem is , i cant view channel on SH... Theres a key logo on the info bar. After which, I follow SGTFlipFlop guide on using DBedit but my version is dreamboxEDIT ver 5.0.0.2 .. I manage to follow his steps till step 2. Well . For step 3 i couldnt follow is , i could not find open Icon. So I still try to use open to try it out but it prompt me with an error msg "Direc C:// contains no file called satellite.xml. You can contiune editing the file-set but now there is no translation from satellite position to satellite name avaliable.
    You might consider to first copy all necessary files from the dreambox to your PC with the FTP function."
    So now , i am not sure my SH channel could not be view is due to what reason. Can the pros guide me along. Thanks...

This is for a little hint for those who encounter root n PW problems..
    For me, i also encounter the same problems. So i was sooo pissed off with the problem that i actually delete the PW on the /var/etc. This steps is easy but i am not sure will there be an after effect. Anyway , I just provide my knowledge.
    First, you must have a plugin call "filebrowser".
    So you select the plugin n find /var/etc. Over there, you will see two file containing passwd and -passwd. I deleted this two files. So now i can connect ftp using root n security is set to passive. Now, i am able to connect via fireftp n dbedit.
    hi there. did you backup your keys/scce and bouquet before you flash to the new image?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi

Great tutorial was doing really well until Step 4 where it says:
    "Now click 'Send Files To Dreambox' Let it do its job, It should say complete." I get this message "Connecting to 192.168.1.77.
    Could not connect to Dreambox. Check IP Address, network settings and status of Dreambox" However if I go to 1)Tools 2)Options and select Test IP Connection it says "Successfully connected to IP address 192.168.1.77 port 80" I am baffled.

Can anyone please, please help. Much appreciated!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

ok now if i update to newest updated bouqet i will lose my channel setup ,so how do i update the bouqet with the new additions and changes from latest bouqet but retain my current channel arangement? or do you have put new bouqet and do all over agian? there must be a quicker way!
    If iv'e helped you then please click the THANKS / LIKE button !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm looking to put this on my box, does it have to be connected to the internet? any other way to transfer the files?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    154 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by owen7 View Post
    I'm looking to put this on my box, does it have to be connected to the internet? any other way to transfer the files?
    Might be able to do it with a cross over cable but doing it wirelessly is best with a laptop.

Andy.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast