Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Exclamation New Dashboard New problems....

? In a new XBox 360 Beta firmware that leaked to the Internet, Microsoft has appears to have added new checks to see if a disc is legit inside the disc drive.

? One of the games that has been found to be giving problems is the release of Fable III. Right now it's unclear which games, DVD models and/or modified FWs are exactly affected.

? The software appears to run some checks on the disc in a way not thought before, with responses that can cause your console to be perma-banned, due to failing "Failed AP25 Challenge", OFFLINE!

? Here's some details from Logic-Sunrise, to quote: "We told you about here is now some time reports a rumor of a new integrated protection in Dashboard KINECTS. It seemed that this new security is a continuous verification system firmware when connecting to live and preventing flashed consoles to connect to it...

After the launch yesterday of the latest beta DashBoard (K: 2.0.12606.0), the rumor seems to become reality and the result even worse than previously thought. Indeed flashed consoles that have this update is no longer possible to run backups and displays this error."

? Even people that are in the official beta program are having problems running backups of Fable III, and people that have ripped their legitimate copies using a "0800" drive have found that the copy circulating on the internet match the copies in stores.

? A user by the name of Unregistered007 ran some tests of his own on his 2 XBox 360s stated, "I have 2 Xbox360s:

1. Offline Elite never been on Xbox Live with LiteOn 8xxxx Series - The firmware is 1.5v as I have to use activation disc to boot Wave 4 Ripped Games. It has the first built of leaked Kinect Xbox 360 dashboard when the preview program started. Fable 3 works without problems. (Installs and Plays)

2. Xbox 360 Elite registered officially in the Beta Program with Latest Update. It has LiteOn 74xxx Series with LT firmware. (I just paid someone to do it yesterday). After the update the console was taken offline for good. Fable 3 gives the Unrecognized Disc Error. (This Console has the Latest Build - Oct 26, 2010)

Something definitely is going on. Lastly when I booted Fable 3 my profile became corrupt and I had to re-download it form Xbox Live."

? The new protections also appears to be corrupting profiles and causing corruption after playing back-uped games AND original games.

? Another post by Unregistered007 puts it into perspective with another view: "New Test and Update and Bad News: I am about to go to bed so I will keep it short.

Sorry but the ONLY Logical explanation is that Xbox360 OS has been totally updated - not just the numbers and not just the interface.

If you have the latest Xbox 360 dashboard(Kinect Beta) and Fable 3 then when you play Fable 3 some sort of check is being performed and the Xbox360 is creating a BAN flag-Profile is corrupted on the Spot.

Update: I think the Xbox360 OS is checking/Testing every copied or real game you put in the console. Its NOT Fable 3.

CONSOLE HAS NEVER BEEN ONLINE

My Xbox 360 Elite with 8xxxx Series LiteOn firmware 1.5
    Kinect Dashboard Version 2.0.12416 (Not officially in the Beta)
    Fable 3 patched to Wave 3 works fine.
    Fable 3 Wave 4 boots with Activation Disc.
    Profile is not Corrupt. (Transferred the Profile to my Xbox Slim and it works)
    Used xVal 2.0 and the Xbox360 is clean.

CONSOLE was used ONLINE since Purchase and after taking the Latest Update it was taken OFFLINE. My Xbox 360 Elite with 7xxxx Series LiteOn firmware LT (Paid someone to Flash 2 days ago)

Officially in Kinect Dashboard Version (Latest Version of the Beta)
    Fable 3 patched to Wave 3 - Does Not work.
    Fable 3 Wave 4 - Does Not Work.

At first I put in Fable 3 and then played Fallout NV. The Profile was corrupt when I transfered to my un-modded Xbox360 Slim. I thought may be it was corrupt because I placed in Fable 3. I then placed in my Clean Profile in the Xbox and just tested Fallout NV - Profile Corrupt. (I need to check if I log in my profile and log out without playing anything will it corrupt) Used xVal 2.0 and the Xbox360 is not Clean - AP 2.5 Test Fail.

As long as you keep your Xbox 360 off line your console will not be banned how ever the Xbox OS is Corrupting Profiles OFFLINE and that is not good. I think people should STAY AWAY form the Dashboard Update. I think MS has found a way to find and discomfort people who keep one Xbox for OFFLINE backups only.

If you console is flagged like mine and is Corrupting Profiles I don't think there is an easy fix for that. However I think someone might come up with a new firmware for the drives and pass the new Anti Piracy 2.5 scheme.

I just want my console un-flagged for now. I can still create an ONLINE repair Order for the Flagged 360. My conclusion is that, what ever checks MS was doing ON Live are being done inside the Xbox and once you connect the 360 to Live - GAME OVER."
    **The Worlds Best Interactive F1 Strategy Game**

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yeah read about this lmao oh deary me

i dont believe its game over yet i have faith in the team jungle and team IXtream , not forgetting cofree at robin hoods playground those guys are awesome

it was fun while it lasted ,

all i have to say is there gonna kill alot of xboxs making firmware for this sucker
    Qualified Jedi Master
    Virgin VBox
    x2 PS3 JB FW 3.55
    X2 Wii 4.2E soft modded
    4x DM500S + JADE PLI
    Openbox HD S9 & S10
    DM800 PVR + BLACKHOLE
    Dedicated Linux Debian Server
    1.2M Dish Sky UK, Viasat, Sky IT ,JSC ,Tring+ Cards
    90cm Fortec Star Motorized Dish
    Virgin 50mb Fibre Optic Broadband
    Xbox 360 Samsung LT 2.0.1 No AP25 + Liton LT 2.0
    Microsoft Approved and Certified OEM System Builder
    Subaru Impreza GB270 Owner
    http://online-console.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Id say the Game is up for Online Play on a Hacked Console running any Ixtream firmware, These new Checks are running constantly when you connect to live by all accounts with the new Dashboard and new System's OS.

Its not just the Dashboard and Wave they have updated its the entire OS.

As for Offline Consoles Patching will continue to work by flashing it to a Previous Wave, as this replaces the Video Checking date on boot up with one corresponding to the firmware your using, they cant change much in the way of Older Waves been reconised because the older Games would no longer function under the New Dashboad.

There is also a Strong Rumor all of this is unfounded and when Ms OFFICIALY release the new Dashboard Fable 3 and the other new releases will boot on any console with any firmware once again, because there are no Avatars in some of the Beta Dashboards which are causing this Issue.

Other Rumors are that any Banned Console will no longer be able to play New games under the New dashboard, much like How MS turned off HDD activation and support on Banned consoles previously.

And from the French website Logic sunrise they are telling everyone its worse than that and any Modified Console are virtually unable to read DVDs used for making copy's and Backups under the new Dashboard & the new OS is constantly checking the Disk even when the console is Offline.

What ever the Issue It can not be good new, They spend Millions on anti-piracy measures, Maybe this time they have Crack us before we cracked them ....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ive just been reading a 21 page thread at xbox scene forums
    obviously nothing is concrete just from what i read heres lots of facts that you might like

1 the CFW works in the new dash the the (original) fable 3 works with CFW
    where as the copyed fable 3 doesn't boot but reads and installs

this means the CFW is responding to the AP 25 (anti piracy) which has been in games since fifa 09
    so c4eva was correct in saying the CFW was as close to the OFW as he could get it so thats a good start

no 2 old games still boot

3, like when ssv2 came about there's a good chance there's an ssv3 in the new disks such as fable3 that the current ripping roms and fw cant read like ssv1 and ssv2

so there's a very good chance that there just needs to be a new ripping fw that can see the new padding and sectors that the AP2.5 looks for

its not like they have blocked the CFW from working as the original will boot with the CFW, so the CFW is responding and reading to the AP 25 checks correctly (as the original works!)

its more to do with the disks and something were missing

here some very useful real and confirmed information

if you put a copied fable 3 disk into a latest beta dash it will recognize the disk ,xVal = sec clean

you can install the disk = xVal= sec clean,

BUT if you boot the disk and click play = disk unreadable = xVal= Failed AP25 challenge = flagged for ban

(confirmed info from the thread)

so the drive FW is doing its job , which is good news , but it seems like there is sectors / padding / ssv3 that when ripping the game its missing hence why its failing the checks

C4eva has known about AP 25 since fifa 09 and has has publicly said we know its there but untill MS put it to use we will deal with it then

none of this information is credited to me i just spent about 3 hours reading one very very long thread on xbox scene

ive just put into a short paragraph what 21 pages and 308 posts conclusion comes out

this may not be as bad as it seems mate
    Last edited by HoTTDubbER; 29th October, 2010 at 09:45 AM.
    Qualified Jedi Master
    Virgin VBox
    x2 PS3 JB FW 3.55
    X2 Wii 4.2E soft modded
    4x DM500S + JADE PLI
    Openbox HD S9 & S10
    DM800 PVR + BLACKHOLE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Looks like my ethernet cable is unplugged until further notice then

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ive been following this on xbox scene as well but this one to throw into the mix, my console with hitachi 46 that is banned from the 1st ever ban wave and running the beta dash is running fable 3 perfect from a backup, the firmware is before ixtreme the old xtreme firmware cant remember what version exactly but the game is running and not corrupting my tag when i put it on my live console
    Last edited by frickerd; 29th October, 2010 at 05:50 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by frickerd View Post
    ive been following this on xbox scene as well but this one to throw into the mix, my console with hitachi 46 that is banned from the 1st ever ban wave and running the beta dash is running fable 3 perfect from a backup, the firmware is before ixtreme the old xtreme firmware cant remember what version exactly but the game is running and not corrupting my tag when i put it on my live console
    Yeah but patching the game backwards removes the currently used boot Video on the ISO before you burn it, if you patch your games like i do then any game will work because the console only see it as an older version game or Wave to be correct.

M$ can not stop older games from running, so any new release patched game should continue to work because your making it seem an old Wave that's been booted.

What M$ are effectively doing (if all of this is to be believed) is knocking off modified consoles and Backup copys from playing on xbla.

But if the New OS can distinguish and constantly check a number of features of the disk as it been played offline as well as online then its really Game Over, I am looking forward to see the Numbers of Banned consoles after all of this and have Microsoft for the first time trying to stop Banned consoles from playing new Games as well.

Fingers crossed its only the Beta dashboard and every thing works as it should once the Proper Dash is released over the next few days.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I dont think patching the iso works alun. People have tried and it just wont boot. You can only tell if you have the new kinect beta dashboard as this is the only one that aint booting properly. Also if you update to this new dash, and try and boot fable 3, then check your secdata you will fail the api25 check, and will be flagged for a ban.

Only early samsung, and some hitachi drives are safe, as they dont have this check installed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by janobi View Post
    I dont think patching the iso works alun. People have tried and it just wont boot. You can only tell if you have the new kinect beta dashboard as this is the only one that aint booting properly. Also if you update to this new dash, and try and boot fable 3, then check your secdata you will fail the api25 check, and will be flagged for a ban.

Only early samsung, and some hitachi drives are safe, as they dont have this check installed.
    so, if i change my lite on drive to my old sammy, will i be safe?

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i take it jtags are unaffected by this? i ran fable 3 on mine no hassle at all i might just be lucky for the time being tho

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by owenb View Post
    i take it jtags are unaffected by this? i ran fable 3 on mine no hassle at all i might just be lucky for the time being tho
    if your on a jtag you wont be running the new beta dash anyway
    this problem only affects the new dash older dashs are not affected
    they have activated the AP25 challenge in the new dash hence why problems

fable 3 will boot on the current official dash but not the latest kinect beta new dash

if you have a jtag you should also not be updating to the new dash and waiting for the next loader as you will loose your jtag features
    Last edited by HoTTDubbER; 30th October, 2010 at 09:10 AM.
    Qualified Jedi Master
    Virgin VBox
    x2 PS3 JB FW 3.55
    X2 Wii 4.2E soft modded
    4x DM500S + JADE PLI
    Openbox HD S9 & S10
    DM800 PVR + BLACKHOLE

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

cheers hd yeah ill be waitng for the new version of xbr have to remember how to install it againits been a while

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well c4eva has confirmed there are 5 new game checks and ssv3 with ap2.5 some hope new lt+ firmware coming also explains why my drive play perfect with new dash as some older hitachis and samsung will skip ap2.5 as it is cant do these checks making the game safe to play

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by frickerd View Post
    well c4eva has confirmed there are 5 new game checks and ssv3 with ap2.5 some hope new lt+ firmware coming also explains why my drive play perfect with new dash as some older hitachis and samsung will skip ap2.5 as it is cant do these checks making the game safe to play

dont suppose you have a list of these confirmed hitachi drives do you ...save me looking
    Qualified Jedi Master
    Virgin VBox
    x2 PS3 JB FW 3.55
    X2 Wii 4.2E soft modded
    4x DM500S + JADE PLI
    Openbox HD S9 & S10
    DM800 PVR + BLACKHOLE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

heres that confo

C4E Confirms New AP2.5 Checks on New Dashboard with New Games
    >> Here's a chatlog from C4E about the new protections ["AP2.5 Checks"] added to the (beta/leaked) fall 2010 dashboard with new games:

[<]c4eva[>] New AP25 checks confirmed on new dash with fable 3, LT+ coming for required drives with SSv3 and anti AP25 included!
    [<]c4eva[>] there are 5 ap25 checks done when xex is launched!
    [<]c4eva[>] samsung doesnt have ap25
    [<]c4eva[>] 360s LT+ will include this now
    [<]c4eva[>] samsung and some old hitachi dont have ap25
    [<]c4eva[>] samsung wont do ap25, it will be skipped (safe)
    [<]c4eva[>] they will detect your drive changing to a samsung! [if you spoof to Samsung]
    [<]c4eva[>] confirmation will need to be done on released retail kinect dash!
    [<]c4eva[>] at this point, only new games check ap25!
    [<]c4eva[>] kreon=fail!

The new final fall2010 dashboard is still expected to hit retail consoles on or before Nov 4th (Kinect release date).
    Qualified Jedi Master
    Virgin VBox
    x2 PS3 JB FW 3.55
    X2 Wii 4.2E soft modded
    4x DM500S + JADE PLI
    Openbox HD S9 & S10
    DM800 PVR + BLACKHOLE