Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default 2 XP Problems. Help please

1. New machine. New XP install. All updates. RegMech and OneCare Live scanners run. When right clicked on the Desktop, Properties, all tabs work fine EXCEPT the DESKTOP tab. When clicked, the DLL locks up. I have to kill it in ProceEXP (task manager). Every time. Zero registry issues. No fragmentation.
    If I find a pic and right click, set as Desktop, no problems with the process.

2. Old machine. The one that died, and replaced with new machine. Reloaded XP, all updates. But...no driver for RAID. Its a Highpoint RAID I assume, on an old Soyo KT333 Dragon Ultra Platinum. I wiped the drive. I didnt realize that Soyo shut down and I cannot get access to an OEM driver. Anybody got one or a workaround?

High Point HP372 Raid driver

Thanks in advance.
    B

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

You need to create a custom windows setup with the drivers in for the sata/RAID

Google NLLITE and silent windows instal

"Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Read the 1st link mate , if correct one, driver download in 2nd link

Code:
    http://www.findsoft.net/HighPoint-HPT370-370A-372-372A-372N-302-302N-ATA-RAID-Controller-BIOS-Device-Drivers/

Code:
    http://www.techspot.com/drivers/driver/file/information/11738/

Let the others come after us, We welcome the chase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As for the RAID issue on the older machine....I disabled the on board RAID option in the bios and now I dont get need a driver notification in XP. I dont use RAID...all is well there.

but thanks for the links and suggestions....

Any idea on the first machine/Problem? Cant be a virus...as
    it was a Virgin install on a wiped drive and updated bios. Only internet that was seen was installing Java and Adobe Flash and downloading AVG AV. Hard to get a virus on a 20 minute old install....

Please give suggestions about that.

Thanks for your help so far.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You will need to integrate the Sata drivers in windows xp disc and windows XP CD.

No F2 function or DEL function will do the trick. You will need a second PC to make the disk

1) Download NLITE from the web nLite - Deployment Tool for the bootable Unattended Windows installation - Download

2) Visit your manufacturer website and locate the drivers you require for the SATA Hard Drives

3) Install NLITE

Now copy your windows XP disk to a folder on the PC you will use to make the disk.

4) Open Nlite

follow the prompts as you require

at the end it will ask you if you want to "integrate drivers" click on this button and locate the drivers you downloaded

REMEMBER TO SELECT THE OPTION TO MAKE THE DISK BOOTABLE

you can add as many drivers to the setup as you like

Hope that helps

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...roblem-124555/
    Last edited by varmab; 24th November, 2010 at 05:11 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for all your help. I got the driver thing licked by disabling it in BIOS. I dont need RAID capability on that machine.

And the fix for the other:
    Twas the old loading a million pics from My PICTURES folder killing the application. Did the trick to remove them by changing folder names in the registry. The application would hang when loading....it would eventually pop up, (but I never waited that long). When I finally let it run, I noticed all my pics were listed...That was the big clue to the required fix.

Thanks all.