Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Exclamation .ENC File Extension, is it an error?

I had an mp3 file in my external harddisk, its been disappeared for along time. so i used attrib +s -h on CMD, to get the file back in..after that the file appears with .ENC extension..

the file cant work properly as it used to be..the mp3 file cant play in winamp or another music device..

In some forum its caused by the registry was error..

What should i do to fix the mp3 file..??
    or it can fix with the registry tool?

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

So,
    the .ENC extension is not an mp3 extension during this you can not play this type of file in an mp3 player.

It could be does you have or had an error in your registry and by this error some other file got the filename from you mp3 file and left the .enc extension.

If this happen than the content of your file is something other than the mp3 file and you have nothing to repair.

You can edit the file with hex editor and check for the content header info, if you can see the 3 bit are the same like this "49 44 33" then you deal with an mp3 file and rename the file from .ENC to .MP3 but if it is different then your file is something else then mp3.

Some useful link for mp3 files structure watch here:
    Inside the MP3 Codec - MP3 Anatomy

I hope I helped for you.