Spoofed Drives
Register
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Spoofed Drives

  1. #1
    Top Poster felix11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    152
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Spoofed Drives

    I have a sammy drive that will not play ap25 games (play DVD->white screen). This drive was installed as a replacement for a faulty liteon a few months ago.

    I have read that spoofed drives can now be detected, so I take it any boxes with spoofed drives cannot be used to play ap25 games? Is the answer to fit a new liteon flashed with the original key and LT+ fw?

    Any help appreciated - thanks.

  2. #2
    DK Veteran martiboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    bonny scotland
    Posts
    543
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by felix11 View Post
    I have a sammy drive that will not play ap25 games (play DVD->white screen). This drive was installed as a replacement for a faulty liteon a few months ago.

    I have read that spoofed drives can now be detected, so I take it any boxes with spoofed drives cannot be used to play ap25 games? Is the answer to fit a new liteon flashed with the original key and LT+ fw?

    Any help appreciated - thanks.
    If you wont be going online you can spoof another drive. If your going to be going online you will already be flagged because you already have a spoofed drive.

  3. #3
    Top Poster felix11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    152
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by martiboy View Post
    If you wont be going online you can spoof another drive. If your going to be going online you will already be flagged because you already have a spoofed drive.
    Thanks - but that wasn't my question. What I was asking was confirmation that replacing the spoofed sammy drive with a new liteon (the original drive in the box was a liteon) flashed with the original key etc will allow playing of new ap25 games. As the sammy will not play them on or offline (because it is spoofed as a liteon).

  4. #4
    V.I.P. Member
    janobi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    In a field.....
    Posts
    1,622
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 13 Times in 9 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by felix11 View Post
    Thanks - but that wasn't my question. What I was asking was confirmation that replacing the spoofed sammy drive with a new liteon (the original drive in the box was a liteon) flashed with the original key etc will allow playing of new ap25 games. As the sammy will not play them on or offline (because it is spoofed as a liteon).
    Easiest thing to do is buy a new liteon drive, and just inject your key into the drive with LT+.

    You can get drives cheap from:

    Code:
    www.jackofallgames.co.uk


  5. #5
    V.I.P. Member chroma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Just outside of Glasgow
    Posts
    1,986
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by felix11 View Post
    Thanks - but that wasn't my question. What I was asking was confirmation that replacing the spoofed sammy drive with a new liteon (the original drive in the box was a liteon) flashed with the original key etc will allow playing of new ap25 games. As the sammy will not play them on or offline (because it is spoofed as a liteon).
    Yeah that should work so long as the models match.

    You can reverse spoof, that is to say my friends got a Hitachi box and the Hitachi drive is goosed, he's spoofed a Liteon to resemble the Hitachi as a replacement and can play fine.

    Because the unit thinks there's supposed to be a Hitachi it doesn't pass the ap2.5 check to the dvd drive.

    In your situation your unit thinks there's supposed to be a Liteon and will pass checks but the Hitachi drive wont know WFF to do with the ap2.5 calls and inevitably shits the bed.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •