Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Default 2006 passat 2.0tdi dsg engine code bkp, hard to start...

this passat came to me very hard to start and running very poorly, fault code p0321 while cranking and also p1261 p1267,
    engine speed is zero after 1 sec cranking on live data then codes pop up, this is same situation every time i clear them.
    i had car doing something similar before and it was cam and crank syncronisation problem, so i stripped it down and lock it all up using proper pins, belt timing was ok.
    it has already had new camshaft and crankshaft sensors fitted and a section of loom. this car was at another garage before it came to me.
    it will start eventually as it fires and fires while cranking wen it starts it idles at 1200 rpm and wont really rev over 2500. but if i clear codes while its running it revs out ok...
    i checked fuel also just encase. its as if its not getting crank signal, do these cars suffer from toothed wheel problems on crankshaft..?
    if i disconnect cam sensor it wont start or fire at all.
    so before i dig much further i thought id ask encase someone maybe had same problem before.?

regards

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

p1261 is Unit injector cylinder 1 and p1267 is Unit injector cylinder 3, both above contol limit, check all wiring and plugs 1st
    Last edited by Liteace; 30th November, 2010 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Div

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Unit injector

other possible faults:
    open or short to pos\ground in wires
    no or poor plug connection conduction
    interference due to defective shielding or no shield ground

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

yes i know what the fault codes stand for ok its the rpm situation im more worried about 1st, i disconnected the injector loom from head to eliminate shorted injectors and cranked over but still no rpm after 1 or 2 seconds cranking.
    thanks anyway ..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Hi.If you have this errors;p1261 is Unit injector cylinder 1 and p1267 is Unit injector cylinder 3 and poore running, only change injectors.BKP engine,have piezo injectors and any problems on injectors have results bad conditions of engine ecu,relay for voltage supply and etc.Fuel pump delivery is main guilty for that,BASED, defect on BKP engine. Probably you had a problem once with delivery pump.Regards.