Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default iphone wont go into recovery mode stuck

hi my iphone 3g was working fine till 2 days ago first my home button stopped working then it turned its self off during the night. now its stuck in the apple logo loop and i cant put it in recovery mode as the home button wasnt working for some strange reason as it hadnt been dropped or anything. please can anyone help at all its driving me mad

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

if the home button is not functioning correctly i dont think you can get it out of the loop or into recovery,,some other members with a bit more knowledge on this may be able to help you out
    hold tight and wait for some more replies
    The control of information is the consolidation of power

?I care not what puppet is placed on the throne of England to rule the Empire. The man who controls Britain?s money supply controls the British Empire and I control the British money supply.? ? Nathan Rothschild

IF I HELPED HIT THE THANKS BUTTON

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Will it not restore through iTunes ? Mmmm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thanks cablefree. i was thinking maybe i need to get it fixed. i got soe software that puts your i phone into recovery mode but the laptop wont see that iphone but the software does work on my working iphone as the laptop can see that so if i could just ger the laptop to see it maybe i could get it working but not sure how to get it to see it grrrr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

no micky it wont restore through itunes either thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

was just thinking that aswell
    good shout (the i tunes option) wrote this before your reply ktem
    Last edited by cablefreejunkie; 14th December, 2010 at 05:18 PM.
    The control of information is the consolidation of power

?I care not what puppet is placed on the throne of England to rule the Empire. The man who controls Britain?s money supply controls the British Empire and I control the British money supply.? ? Nathan Rothschild

IF I HELPED HIT THE THANKS BUTTON

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

What had you done previously? did you update or try n jailbreak? ...what is your comp running xp? Etc....you may need to use a second computer ,to get out of this,however you could try tinyumbrella to kick out of restore but yet may not work ......answers pls micky

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

it has been on firmware 4 jailbroken with redsnow months ago and was working fine then the home button took a few clicks to do what i wanted then the other day it just stopped working then i downloaded the quickdo app it was working fine then it must of lost its battery charge over night and then got stook with the apple logo and doesnt go any futher. I need to get it with the ituned wire icon on so i can connect it and get it working again. i wasnt sure if it was the software why the home button had stopped working as it was never dropped or banged or anything, unless this is a common problem. thanks for your help everyone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Make sure iphone has a good charge
    Run itunes connect iphone, press and hold power and home button for at least 20sec.
    if still nothing force it into DFU mode
    still connected to itunes
    hold power button till off
    1 Hold power 2 sec
    2 Hold power and home for 10sec
    3 Release power button KEEP holding home button for 15sec
    screen should be blank = DFU mode Restore start again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Was it unlocked if not you need to put the correct sim back in eg :02 the original carrier,have you plugged it in comp and manually started iTunes,also try unplugging iPhone in and out while iTunes is up on screen ....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

its not unlocked only through jail brake. i have tried to do the dfu mode but having trouble turning off when plugged in. will it still work if the home button is not working?
    thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

if you have the USB conect to itunes logo on screen then follow all steps for DFU just pretend it in the off position....with itunes running you should hear your computer "beeping" as you go through the steps..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

You need to try get out of recovery mode it's a fine line between them both,let it charge for a little while which it probably as by now you have had it plugged in long enough now it may take a few attempts:
    1:iphone/ipod touch plugged in (usb)
    2:hold power button and home button for about 10 seconds until you here the chime sound
    3: when you here the sound ,let go of the power button,but still keep home button pressed for about 15 seconds until the chime again.
    4: you should then have a black screen,and itunes will tell you ,you are in dfu mode and need to restore firmware :software
    5: this is where you can restore to different firmware( very handy if you want to jailbreak also.
    6: hold shift button on pc and left click on mouse restore and choose firmware....location
    7:wait awhile and your ipod/iphone etc....is back to original settings...

If it doesn't work you need to try on another computer with iTunes,or the home button really is goosed,but maybe ok after a restore
    Last edited by mickydibble; 14th December, 2010 at 09:26 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

the phone doesnt chime as the computer wont see it and its stuck with the apple logo and a loading circle thing over the apple logo every now and again. i just dont know my fingers are killing holding these buttons

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

We are all assuming its a software glitch...you may have to bite the bullet and assume a physical button fault which will require fixing...Do it yourself fix via YouTube.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast