iphone wont go into recovery mode stuck - Page 2
Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ktem04 View Post
    the phone doesnt chime as the computer wont see it and its stuck with the apple logo and a loading circle thing over the apple logo every now and again. i just dont know my fingers are killing holding these buttons
    Last chance saloon m8 try on another computer with itunes,if that is the same then you may need to fix it as fijiman says..good look pal

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

If it's a faulty home button that's stopping you getting it into DFU there is something you could try.

Remove the two screws from the bottom of the phone & get a suction cup on the bottom of the screen....pull screen up.

The home button connects to two copper pads on the main board. If you take a paper clip or something similar & bridge the two points you might get it into DFU mode to flash latest firmware.

Once done you will just need to replace the button or full carriage if the home button still doesn't work.
    Canker

"Animal, vegetable or mineral... I'll do anything, to anything, with anything"
    - The Baby Eating Bishop of Bath & Wells
    [COLOR=Green]

V.I.P. VIC
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Canker_Canison View Post
    If it's a faulty home button that's stopping you getting it into DFU there is something you could try.

Remove the two screws from the bottom of the phone & get a suction cup on the bottom of the screen....pull screen up.

The home button connects to two copper pads on the main board. If you take a paper clip or something similar & bridge the two points you might get it into DFU mode to flash latest firmware.

Once done you will just need to replace the button or full carriage if the home button still doesn't work.
    It is the weak point on Iphones, those little copper things are crap. I have replaced them with small springs on several Iphones.

If you do choose to separate the phone yourself do not use a lever to get the screen up, use a small sucker off a toy arrow. This will get the screen out with no damage to the seals around the screens.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

you could use recboot to put it in recovery without the use of the home button

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thanks everyone i opened it and it is the home button thats broke one of the little things snapped off but used tin foil to get it sorted and recovered it. now just to either sell it on or get it fixed. thanks again for your help

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12