Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Euroview info please!!!

Hi

Im looking for some information please i have had previous SV box in the past and finsihed the the sv super before narg3 came in to spoil all the fun. So this was over a year ago now and i was just wondering having seen all these new boxes is there anything i could use or is that the end of the line for me now narg3 has move in.

Thank you and i appreciate anyones input im not to inform on this kinda stuff so thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Euroview HD

Euroview HD cable Receiver.
    Looks like there is a new Box Called Euroview HD. Think Starview have rebanded to EuroView HD.

EUROVIEW HD Digital Cable receiver Receiver
    NAGRA 3 READY
    Main features:

Cable High Definition Tuners installed
    1 x USB Ports (Both PVR ready)
    Serial port
    Lan Port

Selectable Output for 1080i,720p,480p and 480i format

Spec:

HIGH DEFINITION CABLE (TUNER)

1 X USB PORT (PVR READY)

Supports MPEG-2, MPEG-4 H.264 and fully DVB Compliant
    Aspect ratio adjustment 4:3 (16/9 crop) 4:3 (16/9 letterbox) 16:9 (4/3 pillar box)

Multi Language audio support & Multi-Language Menu Text Support
    Favorite Channel Selection
    parental guide and rating control
    EPG (provider Electronic Program Guide)
    On-screen Display with 65,356 color
    Blind Scan (powerscan) and powerful EPG
    Dolby Digital Bitstream out through S/pdif (Optical and coaxal)
    selectable output for 1080i,720p,480p and 480i format
    Multiple video outputs HDMI 1.1, Component (YPbPr) Composite
    USB Host (access to HDD, USB memory, Others ect 2 x ports onboard
    Upgrade software and channel list via usb2.0 and rs 232
    MP3 file play by usb2.0
    Recorded file play on PC
    Reservation recording via EPG
    User friendly OSD and Operation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for that info so basically i can go ahead and order it.
    One more question i can get hold of the starview combi hd box but this is the one without the lan. What does this mean ano its for networking to the router and then thats it.

Where the one without obviously cant connect via network router why does this matter anyone and thank you OP.

Admin Assistant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

You can find all the info you require on the Euroview here http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...ew-7-a-176217/ including info on the serial dongle that accompanies it which allows ethernet connection.
    I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer. - Douglas Adams

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Hi or you could wait till after xmas when kryptview are suppose to be bringing a HD box and no 1 year server limitation,Have a good xmas everyone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by canford View Post
    Hi or you could wait till after xmas when kryptview are suppose to be bringing a HD box and no 1 year server limitation,Have a good xmas everyone.
    Thank you for that information im not desperate yet and a couple of weeks wont do any harm have you links on this new box and whats all the business with these servers now?

I shall start doing a search using the forum tool so you do have to keep repeating on yourselves. So anything basic and links to threads wont be great.

Thank you again
    and have a happy Christmas and a great new year.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

You need to do some research before buying any new box.

Some offer good aftersale support/help and some dont want to know you after theyve got your money!

There is almost nothing except FTA channels available without connecting to a server.

The boxes you are talking about all connect to a server to obtain the channels youve lost and nobody knows how long the server will continue, so there are risks.
    SLOWLY, OUR FREEDOM IS BEING ERASED.
    SOON, WE WILL JUST BE A NUMBER.
    IF WE DON'T FOLLOW, WE WILL BE ERASED.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Basically with a Starview box(euroview), as everyone understands it now you will get 1 years service,then you will only be able to get FTA channels.Kryptviews server is unlimited at the moment, but things could change and no matter which box you go for its all a bit of a gamble. Kryptview support tends to be better than starview,hope this helps!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thank you again to the above info. So lets say a years go past cant we just pay a subscription to the servers and carry on with the same box. Or do we just have to buy another more up to date box and get another say twelve months free.

I think i can understand wha\t your saying in regards to the gamble that being we dont really know how long the servers will keep going and if they get shut down.

So having said all that would the sat boxes fta give a fair amount of channels without the need to become dependant on servers supplying the rest as you would most likely get more channels for sat fta tham C@able fta or am i wrong.

Thank you

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bumpy11 View Post
    Thank you again to the above info. So lets say a years go past cant we just pay a subscription to the servers and carry on with the same box. Or do we just have to buy another more up to date box and get another say twelve months free.

I think i can understand wha\t your saying in regards to the gamble that being we dont really know how long the servers will keep going and if they get shut down.

So having said all that would the sat boxes fta give a fair amount of channels without the need to become dependant on servers supplying the rest as you would most likely get more channels for sat fta tham C@able fta or am i wrong.

Thank you
    Yes you get a lot more FTA channels on sat than you do on
    cable