Starview 7 'Freezing' Fix
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Starview 7 'Freezing' Fix

Hi Everyone,

Im just passing on information of how I stopped by box from freezing and picture break up. It has certainly worked for me and now I can watch the footy without wanting
    to smash the box to pieces.

The problem was simply the coax cable and connections. All the original cabling, end connectors and splitter, looked in perfect condition but they couldnt have been.

I went to my local hardware/electrical store and purchased new cable, splitter and end connectors. Its important to make absolutely sure that the end connectors screw very firmly onto the cable as some cables are thinner and wobble in the fitment. (No good)

I did this over a week ago but wanted to make sure the fix was stable before letting you know. My box is working superbly now. The SV7 IS a decent unit.

Happy New Year all

iZAN
    Last edited by izan; 27th December, 2010 at 10:08 PM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by izan View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Im just passing on information of how I stopped by box from freezing and picture break up. It has certainly worked for me and now I can watch the footy without wanting

The problem was simply the coax cable and connections. All the original cabling, end connectors and splitter, looked in perfect condition but they couldnt have been.

I went to my local hardware/electrical store and purchased new cable, splitter and end connectors. Its important to make absolutely sure that the end connectors screw very firmly onto the cable as some cables are thinner and wobble in the fitment. (No good)

I did this over a week ago but wanted to make sure the fix was stable before letting you know. My box is working superbly now. The SV7 IS a decent unit.

Happy New Year all

iZAN

yes, just the basics, most people should no that, but glad you got it sorted

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    550 Posts

also to note how old are the cables been used as they never seem to get upgraded,good quality and tight fittings do matter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here Here !!!!

I agree

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by izan View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Happy New Year all

iZAN
    Tempted to ask have you had a call from MENSA yet, but I will
    refrain. Members here have been told repeatedly that freezing
    picture is usually caused by weak signal. Signal problems are
    caused by shoddy cables or connections, or not paying prov. for
    TV package. Thanks for your input

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    550 Posts

on an old box i had that picture glitching and freezing,put hand on coaxial it got better,so new cables all round and no more pixel problems.=no picture now ha ha.