Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Default mercedes w169 problem with esp

Hello.i have the problem with mercedes a class w169 years.the problem is with esp,i scan it with autoboss v30 and found two DTC: 9000 control unit N80(steering column module is defective) and 9353 steering angle sensor overflow).The second fault erased,but the first-no.The car was after accident,i repaired airbags,so i should take off steering wheel and this module,but i think i collect everything ok and carefull.I want know or this problem could cause,for example:brake switch and my autoboss see just that N80 module as a faulty?Maybe you could suggest what to check?In the dashboard is lighting check endine indicator,but in the engine block isn't no one fault.or esp fault could cause check engine lightining?
    Excuse me for my english.
    Best regards.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,168 Posts

check actual value
    turn stering rigth and left and can you see

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mercis For This Useful Post:

ASCM (30th May, 2020), davinci86 (1st March, 2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mercis View Post
    check actual value
    turn stering rigth and left and can you see
    maybe you where i could find it in autoboss because i use it the first time.so if i will that actual value is changing when i turn steering wheel,so everything should be ok with this module?i called my friend,he work with MB,so he said to look abs,esp fuses,lights,brake pedal switch...

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Default re

check steering angle sensor value, maybe the steering sensor is mispositioned
    go to actual value in the steering module and there you can find actual value of the steering sensor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tech111 View Post
    check steering angle sensor value, maybe the steering sensor is mispositioned
    go to actual value in the steering module and there you can find actual value of the steering sensor
    or if it wouldn't be right,i could it to adapt or set to the right position with autoboss?

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Hi!!

I?m with a similar problem in a W169, it gives me always 0 degrees and don?t accept calibration. It appears after replace steering box.

Regards

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

I have same problem. When you start the car all OK. After 10min drive ABS light appears. At the ABS module I get the DTC about the steering wheel.
    On live data, the value of steering wheel is OK, and at 0? its straight aligned, all seems to be OK.

Its seems to be some bad joint or contacts at angle sensor, or something like that. Has anybody have similar case. An can help me out.

BR

Tuning, EGR, DPF, AdBlue, DTC, TVA, Speed Limit, Immo...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Artilect View Post
    I have same problem. When you start the car all OK. After 10min drive ABS light appears. At the ABS module I get the DTC about the steering wheel.
    On live data, the value of steering wheel is OK, and at 0? its straight aligned, all seems to be OK.

Its seems to be some bad joint or contacts at angle sensor, or something like that. Has anybody have similar case. An can help me out.

BR
    I have the same problem w169 does anyone know
    How to repair that problem

Sent from my SM-J415F using Tapatalk