Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default ex5100 freeveiw firmware

hi i am new to this site and as you well know virgin has joined sky with there nagra 3 but i wish to return my box back to freeview so i can use it again as i like the box and its functions, i would be most greatfull if somebody could sort me out with a flash to do this and how to do it as im not that clever at these sort of things and the guy who flash it for me when i bought it dose not work with me anymore,thanks in advance

paul

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by thebradwellone View Post
    hi i am new to this site and as you well know virgin has joined sky with there nagra 3 but i wish to return my box back to freeview so i can use it again as i like the box and its functions, i would be most greatfull if somebody could sort me out with a flash to do this and how to do it as im not that clever at these sort of things and the guy who flash it for me when i bought it dose not work with me anymore,thanks in advance

paul
    You shoould still have freeview on the box try menu settings scan or do a factory reset allso in settings

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,592 Posts

no freeview on these boxes, Free To Air only which is basically channels associated with BBC and ITV plus a few minor channels like shopping etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smoggy View Post
    no freeview on these boxes, Free To Air only which is basically channels associated with BBC and ITV plus a few minor channels like shopping etc.
    ok question for you if you will,my dad is on freesat with sky at the min but hes been asking me to get him a freesat recording box would this box work that way,either through the sky dish or would i have to fit another dish to pick up free top air channels which are listed here?

http://www.ftasat.co.uk/

thanks in adavance

paul

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,592 Posts

The ex5100 is a cable tuner box ie will only work off cable feed like VM
    FTA channels from VM cable are very few and most people have dumped their old boxes as they are pretty much useless now.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yeah eurovoxs only have the basic of basic channels, a freeview box offers more channels, they are not worth having now

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thebradwellone View Post
    ok question for you if you will,my dad is on freesat with sky at the min but hes been asking me to get him a freesat recording box would this box work that way,either through the sky dish or would i have to fit another dish to pick up free top air channels which are listed here?

http://www.ftasat.co.uk/

thanks in adavance

paul
    you should be ok with your existing dish but you will need a new dual lnb fitted to the dish in order to use the recording facility of the box.