Register
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by irishbluestaffy View Post
    the fuss is about people paying money for a box that doesn't work,these boxes have been sold with no info on the fact that it only last 12 months,iv seen these boxes on sites saying they r future proof plus people buy these boxes bcos of word of mouth and allot of them end up on here for info on what's going on,plus to many people 150 can b allot of money to them and i hope it does come back on for these people.
    well said mate i for 1 did do some research on the box before purchasing and my previous SV box lasted for 4 years so i was very suprised after reading posts on this forum that they will only last max 1 year but hey once bitten twice shy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EAMO 2 View Post
    You miss the whole point. Why don't SV servers issue statement
    and stop treating their customers with contempt
    because they (sv) cant be seen condoning or having anything to do with illegal p**servers especially ones that open the uk based channels. everybody should calm down as its only been around 36 hrs since the server crashed and all hell is breaking loose. if tv is that important to anybody then get yourself a back up system. regards mdt
    Last edited by mdt; 4th February, 2011 at 12:05 AM.
    DM800HDSE SIM 2.10. SSL84D OPEN-ATV ORBITAL 80CM/DARK MOTOR/IBU/53E-30W

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,089 Posts

When I write the story I always have the backup in case some one ask me to answer, you should remember when ever you buy any goods the first thing you want to see where is it made in, I want you to look very carefully from top to bottom, can you see the stamp of any country admitted to named the country the box was made, because of the illegality its your responsibility and no govt will be responsible, and you could also be done by law for the use.

Tools owned: Hammer, Chisel, Crowbar, Punch, Chainsaw, Cutter and Brain!!!

Did you know People will question all the good things they hear about you but believe all the bad without a second thought.

Note:
    All information given is to be used for educational purposes only and should not be taken seriously.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mdt View Post
    because they (sv) cant be seen condoning or having anything to do with illegal p**servers especially ones that open the uk based channels. everybody should calm down as its only been around 36 hrs since the server crashed and all hell is breaking loose. if tv is that important to anybody then get yourself a back up system. regards mdt
    SV take your money for box & 1 year sub, so they are seen to be
    involved as server is paid out of your money. All they have to do
    is send info to moderators on cable forums. This can be posted
    on forums without mentioning SV name. Then everyone knows
    what is going on. Any server on Sat that I know their clients have
    means of contacting them if there's a problem with service.
    All hell should break loose after 36 hours when people who run
    server don't inform customers what's happening

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by super jumbe View Post
    When I write the story I always have the backup in case some one ask me to answer, you should remember when ever you buy any goods the first thing you want to see where is it made in, I want you to look very carefully from top to bottom, can you see the stamp of any country admitted to named the country the box was made, because of the illegality its your responsibility and no govt will be responsible, and you could also be done by law for the use.
    Yes most boxes are marked MADE IN KOREA.Boxes are quite
    legal as they are sold with FTA firmware only. Do you really
    think Korean govt really give 2 fu**s about cable companies
    in britain or any british laws. It's people like you & mdt who
    allow companies like SV to thrive because you will accept any
    sh** they throw at you

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EAMO 2 View Post
    Yes most boxes are marked MADE IN KOREA.Boxes are quite
    legal as they are sold with FTA firmware only. Do you really
    think Korean govt really give 2 fu**s about cable companies
    in britain or any british laws. It's people like you & mdt who
    allow companies like SV to thrive because you will accept any
    sh** they throw at you
    your so wrong importers pay probably about ?30 if that to sv after duties are added. then importers set servers up, ~~~~ all to do with starview. im not taking sides with sv, as said before look closer to home, sv just make what they are asked to make.

also with the old boxes, one time it took over a week for firmware fix, so people be patient, its only tv, if its that important, pay sky or vermin.
    Last edited by mark8393; 4th February, 2011 at 01:43 AM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

do you guy realise this is illegal and if it goes tits up you have no rights what so ever ? if you buy it and it goes down they tuff titty if it comes back on then join the ride and enjoy no point moaning .

if you seriously wanted full control or as much control as possible of what you view then stop freeloading buy a satellite dreambox pay for a sub and share it simples.

you think paying a one off fee to some chinese box manufacturer gives you the rights to free tv for life c'mon its all a game.

my rant over

hides under cover hahaha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by kevglady View Post
    count yourself lucky mate ive had mine 2 days and its been off for 1 hahahaha oh well shit happens
    my box came the following day..so not even taken out of the packaging yet.mega pi**ed off

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree totally with Jo-Jo. We all knew the risks when buying a box like this and thought it was worth the gamble. If I was the owner of the server and seen some of your rants I wouldn't want to fix it even if I could!!!!!

We will just have to wait and see what happens and if it is fixed then we were all very lucky. If not then, gutted but Shit Happens.

alotmentman

i bought ten uckers last mondee very sad times a head

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i tthought when i brought the box i had paid for 12 months on a server as well not moaning but a fv box is 15 quid not over 100 it wouldent hurt them to say there is a prob to us all then we would at least know whats going on i have been around since on digital i used to do my own cards

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

People complaining about a company ripping them off for a product designed to rip off another company is priceless...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

if everyone on here who is whingeing about buying a sv and being ripped off then they shoul have read the forums before parting with there dosh sv was the cheaper option at ?100 quid and the least reliable for an xtra ?50 quid they could have had the kryptview which i may add is still working fine when servers come back on you could end up getting years like the previous boxes my sv off aswell but i only got that for the bedroom so if you are that wooried invest in a kryptview a780 and happy viewing

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by badapple View Post
    @alex123 m8, no disrespect but you say you know what happened to SV servers, You and another million peeps who have given different reasons!
    Why dont you just tell all these peeps who are looking for answers what you know?
    i sell cable boxes m8 i know the importers and i know whats happened i cant say whats happened as it could make things worse its not a technical fault thats all i will say if you think am bullshitting fare enough think it
    alex

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello Alex,

Do you men what we have invested is gone with the wind and will hv to buy new one or it will come back please let us know..........

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast