Register
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Default Starview Combo HD LAN Satellite side Answers

Hi All,
    If anyone is seeking advice on setting up their Combo's on the sat side I will try to offer help here.
    Im not any guru on these and cant perform any magic tricks but if you post a reasonable question that does not appear to have been answered elewhere I and others on here might be able to offer advice.
    Absolutely no links to servers or where to find server questions will be answered and if any one does ask I would hope the mods can delete and give a warning to offenders.
    CCcam You look for on google
    Cardsharing google
    Free servrers google
    Paid servers google
    Most likely cardsharing talk on S*y Uk is forbidden on most forums so again I wont help there and maybe a mod can say yes or no this topic.
    Again google is a good friend for the above....
    I aint on here that much also, so be patient when waiting for a reply !!!!!!!
    Fire Away...........
    Once upon a time it was all about backdoor 0 passwords, now its only about the rsa keys !!!!!!!
    ---------------------------------------------

If this post has helped you........... Don't be shy and hit the Thanks button..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

could i use a normal sly dish

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Is there a not normal satellite dish?
    Silly questions will get the same response m8.
    What do you mean?
    A dish is a dish you can use a dustbin lid if you attach an arm and lnb.
    Once upon a time it was all about backdoor 0 passwords, now its only about the rsa keys !!!!!!!

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

im doing the same thing on another forum and these questions are posted every few minutes ....
    which dish to use is a favorite.... god i hate that question.

but it keeps us busy i guess.

good luck mate!!

regards dave

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

bit harsh that lads i only asked as i have never used any dish or had sky,so i think its a fair question,just bcos u no the ins and outs of all this doesn't mean every 1 else does,and I'm shore u will b asked allot more times,u asked people to ask u about this so a yes m8 any dish will do would of been nice not just for me but many other people on here that would like to no.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

if i just plug a dish into the box what will i get.....?

just a dish....no Firmware or patches of any kind

will it work as a FTA sat box straight off the bat...?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default 9600 HD CACI

Hi fellas, do any of you know which firmware should be used with the new starview 9600 hd caci please, only nobody seems to know, the receiver is similar to the hd combo , i want to be able to use a software newcam for satelite use...

any help welcome

thanks
    Acestu
    If my post Helps, then Please Click the THANKS Button ,as i will do for you.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Acestu Corporation.... More Powerfull Than You Could Possibly Imagine !!.........

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

yeah ok maybe a tad harsh but sky is sky and they supply a little dish for sky itself which if thats what you have then thats what u use. i have an everyday normal sky dish hooked up to my sv combo and nothing else or special, ok i tell a lie my dish stopped working a short while back and i hooked up to the neighbours dish when they were out,,, what they dont know about wont hurt them .
    they use cable so they wont mind not that they will ever realise!!

but yeah sorry to be harsh but if we wasnt then this question would and still will be asked a milllion times and at the end of the day if you get sky on a little black dish right now then using any kind of box then yr existing sky dish will work as it receives the sky channels.
    only thing you need to think about is if you get this set up and choose a server etc they amost always provide more than just skyuk,, all the foreign sats are usually supplied too so a bigger dish would be needed to access them, also if you really get into it stick a motorised dish up and have access to all the sats and theres plenty out there.

but for me im happy with sky world uk hd all from a tiny little black 14 inch ? dish i think it is.

i believe the harshness comes from answering the same question over and over again!!

regards dave

Mr. DK DJ
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    623 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by irishbluestaffy View Post
    bit harsh that lads i only asked as i have never used any dish or had sky,so i think its a fair question,just bcos u no the ins and outs of all this doesn't mean every 1 else does,and I'm shore u will b asked allot more times,u asked people to ask u about this so a yes m8 any dish will do would of been nice not just for me but many other people on here that would like to no.
    have alook here m8 http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...ze-guide-7076/

Admin Assistant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by irishbluestaffy View Post
    Indeed, please feel free to ask questions, it's why forums of this nature exist.

There is plenty of info in the Sat section start here http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...ze-guide-7076/ for info on dish sizes, etc.

It's really then up to you on what you want to receive or to go for a static or motorised set up.

Maca you reading my mind again
    I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer. - Douglas Adams

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DIRTYGHOST View Post
    if i just plug a dish into the box what will i get.....?

just a dish....no Firmware or patches of any kind

will it work as a FTA sat box straight off the bat...?

yeah if you plug a dish in then you will get fta channels only in hd if you have the combo,,,, sorry the freeview hd channels is how i meant to say it.
    after the dish is plugged in and u do a scan then if you want the encrypted channels to show you have to sub a private server... theres plenty thru good old google.
    ask them for a 24 hour test line , some will charge a quid for this but hey its only a quid and gives you an idea how good their server is.
    they provide a cline which you break down into parts and input it into the combo using your remote.
    its fairly straight forward once you can read a cline.
    find a decent server and stick with them!! and i advise only doing a monthly sub as if this is ever shut down you wont lost too much dosh...

and id like to apologise to bytemaster for hijacking his thread sorry mate,,, couldnt resist answering !!!

i hope this helps !!

regards dave

Admin Assistant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

And I advise never use a payserver, look at a small share between friends and family. Commercial shares are never a good avenue to take.
    I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer. - Douglas Adams

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by satsmo View Post
    And I advise never use a payserver, look at a small share between friends and family. Commercial shares are never a good avenue to take.

i agree,, the bigger shares can be glitchy and freeze a lot, try to find someone on a forum offering it to a few people he knows,,, the bigger shares are in ot for money and not for their customers viewing pleasure.
    id love to share my server guy but i dont want him swamped and getting greedy then getting bogged down and starting to freeze!
    i know its not in the spirit of sharing but hey i want trouble free tv!

one last thing ive come here form another forum and there they cant discuss anything cs related, its actually quite nice to be bale to share the knowledge a bit!!

great forum and so far really helpfull members!!

thanks guy!

regards dave

Admin Assistant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

I know which forum you came from but they like us share the same rules in relation to CS.

Yes you can talk about it to a certain extent but there are limits to the extent of discussions. I think we all know when the topic goes from a general chat on CS to something outside of the rules.

CS is all that is available at the moment on Sat and Cable and I know that people only want to help but there are other ways to do so, off forum sometimes may be the better option.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by acestu View Post
    Hi fellas, do any of you know which firmware should be used with the new starview 9600 hd caci please, only nobody seems to know, the receiver is similar to the hd combo , i want to be able to use a software newcam for satelite use...

any help welcome

thanks
    Acestu
    I believe you can use Knightrider on these boxes aswell.
    Ive uploaded it here
    Digital Kaos - Downloads - Starview 9600 Cacci Firmware

Test at your own risk I have not tested this on the 9600.

Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast