Register
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hiya can someone tell me which is best software to use on the sat side on the newcamd side ? my problem is when i got a newcamd line in it connects then after a while if i go through channels then it scrambles but it still says its connected so just wondering if it could be the software im currently on ver f5.21 carling +

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dazwigan View Post
    hiya can someone tell me which is best software to use on the sat side on the newcamd side ? my problem is when i got a newcamd line in it connects then after a while if i go through channels then it scrambles but it still says its connected so just wondering if it could be the software im currently on ver f5.21 carling +
    try out knightrider, download attached... it's a satellite only firmware. If you still have the same problem, it may just be a bad server.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    If You Like My Post -----------PRESS THAT THANKS BUTTON

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

pls advise me on which server to go for as i tried a couple they just seem to freeze or connect n disconnect or restart my box randomly pls advise me im going insane. thanks

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by funkanic View Post
    pls advise me on which server to go for as i tried a couple they just seem to freeze or connect n disconnect or restart my box randomly pls advise me im going insane. thanks
    Hi

You just got to keep trying till you find a stable one. Also it could be your firmware. What have you got on at minute. You could put firmware on that would alow you switch off cable side which might be conflicting.

Knightrider is pretty good. Just read back in the thread, plenty of info.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mast View Post
    Hi

You just got to keep trying till you find a stable one. Also it could be your firmware. What have you got on at minute. You could put firmware on that would alow you switch off cable side which might be conflicting.

Knightrider is pretty good. Just read back in the thread, plenty of info.
    You can also use this
    Digital Kaos - Downloads - Starview Combo Lan Downgrade Firmware F521

Server talk is usually not allowed in open forum m8...
    As mentioned google :-)
    Once upon a time it was all about backdoor 0 passwords, now its only about the rsa keys !!!!!!!
    ---------------------------------------------

If this post has helped you........... Don't be shy and hit the Thanks button..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default starview hd combo fix

I have heard there is a fix for the brick which is on the hd combo box can anyone help

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    278 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jordann34 View Post
    I have heard there is a fix for the brick which is on the hd combo box can anyone help
    bytemaster posted about it recently

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default new to this sat side

I am based in midlands and have a sky dish that is no longer in use but I can attach this to my starview hd combo box. What do I search under to get the channels

can anyone give me a really idiots guide to all this. Once ive got my free to air channels think I will be fine getting the rest.

Thanks and apologise in advance for what is a really basic question to most of you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Hit the Menu button, on next screen choose installation - satellite search, enter code..... 0000, on next screen choose Satellite Astra 2A/2D (28.2E) then using down button on remote go to bottom and hit start search.

(IF YOU ONLY WANT TO SCAN FOR FTA CHANNELS THEN GO DOWN TO SEARCH OPTION HIT OK ON REMOTE AND FROM THE DROP DOWN MENU CHOOSE FREE ONLY)

The box will now scan for the all channels scrambled and FTA and radio, when finished there be well over 700 channel's, if searching free only then there should be around 200 to 300 most of these you will not need.

Now be aware that the box will not sort these in order for you you'll have to do this yourself using a channel editor and also there's a chance that the box will not find all channels and there could be some missing, you will now have to manually search for them.

There should be info on this site maybe, use google as well to search for how to do this.

There will also be a lot of duplicate channels so it's time consuming boring process of deleting and keep the ones you want.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678