Register
    Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Wireless security (Backtrack3)

I am currently learning a little about wireless security; In partially using backtrack 3 to crack my own access point WEP and WPA encryption. I have got this working however I am now stuck

However now I want to see how you can monitor network traffic I know it has kismet and wireshark on the image but I don?t know how to use it.

Has anyone sued this before or could offer any advice?

I watched the real hustlers TV programme before and they seem to have done it with ease. I've spent all night on it with no joy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The tool you need is ettercap, it can use arp poising to perform a MITM attack.

I found this straight forward guide here:
    Code:
    http://openmaniak.com/ettercap_arp.php
    Doing this stuff with a wireless card can throw more obstacles in your way, You should try this with a hard wired connection then try it over wifi, that way you know your doing the arp poising bit right.

Be careful on important networks is all can say, learned that one the hard way.