Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

@ janobi. first you say this
    You can copy PS3 games, google it mate. There are loads out on the torrents and newsgroups. Groups have been releasing them for ages.
    and then you disagree about someone supposedly showing proof of a hack for ps3.#

And people may well be copying the data from ps3 discs. But playing those copies? NOT POSSIBLE.

we have a video section on Dk. please post a video showing you placing said copied disc into a ps3 and playing it.
    Until that day stop spreading false information mate and YOU re-read the quote about "a little bit of research"

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shady77 View Post
    @ janobi. first you say this
    You can copy PS3 games, google it mate. There are loads out on the torrents and newsgroups. Groups have been releasing them for ages.
    and then you disagree about someone supposedly showing proof of a hack for ps3.#

And people may well be copying the data from ps3 discs. But playing those copies? NOT POSSIBLE.

we have a video section on Dk. please post a video showing you placing said copied disc into a ps3 and playing it.
    Until that day stop spreading false information mate and YOU re-read the quote about "a little bit of research"
    I think wires are getting crossed here.

Janobi just said that you can 'copy' the discs meaning you can create a backup image, he didn't say anything about actually booting the image on a PS3.

So, you CAN make a copy, but you cannot play it on a PS3 - just as Janobi has said

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

reread it. my mistake!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sooner or later some one will suss it out... Id say the Hard drive method will come sooner or later... it'll just a case of forcing the prog that installs and runs the game from the HD, just like the PS2 had

Who'd have thought there would eventually be a file you can simply put on your ps2 mem card that can do all the above and then some.. imagine that on the loose back in 2001

When hackers learn more about the architecture all sorts of stuff will be running on it

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sirus View Post
    When hackers learn more about the architecture all sorts of stuff will be running on it
    By the time the PS3 is hacked, the PS3 will be old technology.

You can quote me on that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by witchy2k1 View Post
    By the time the PS3 is hacked, the PS3 will be old technology.
    witchy your sounding like nothing going to be out for it for about 10 years

like everything...the longer its lifespan the more is learnt about it until the inevitable hack appears followed by better.. with time comes better programming capabilities and thus more versatile hacks.

Should it be on the old model the newly revamped models whatever... its still an all singing all dancing console.. and they get better toward the end of theyre lifespan anyway

Think PSP or even PS2..... oldish?... .may-be, but still modern "toys".. and both are blown wide open

The PS2s lifespan is up and the hacks speak for themselves... and what can you say the PSP is fighting the ever losing war... once the first hack comes out its just cat and mouse until the console usually gives in to its typical fate

At the end of the day should it not happen until about 3 years then "old" still means... cheap consoles and blu-ray stuff and the like too... so its a win-win
    Last edited by Sirus; 21st January, 2009 at 01:59 AM.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sirus View Post
    witchy your sounding like nothing going to be out for it for about 10 years
    Like I said, feel free to quote my last statement.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by witchy2k1 View Post
    I think wires are getting crossed here.

Janobi just said that you can 'copy' the discs meaning you can create a backup image, he didn't say anything about actually booting the image on a PS3.

So, you CAN make a copy, but you cannot play it on a PS3 - just as Janobi has said
    Thanks for backing me up witchy. You 360 fanboy. . Anyone with a PS3 should also buy a 360 and flash it. That way you get the best of both worlds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

if i get another ps3 for my dads place, can I copy my game saves over to the new ps3?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes you should be able to, but I don't think it's possible without a correctly formatted USB stick or Hard Drive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I want to burn a PS2 game so i can play it in my PS3
    I am gonna burn it using TOAST Titanium but does someone know if this should work if the game has copy protection or something?
    Does someone know a way to do this?

downloading ps3 games
    burn ps3 games

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by panda1734 View Post
    I want to burn a PS2 game so i can play it in my PS3
    I am gonna burn it using TOAST Titanium but does someone know if this should work if the game has copy protection or something?
    Does someone know a way to do this?
    Complete waste of time. Won't play anyway.

Regarding the 2 page argument above me here, it's like this; you can have as perfect a backup copy of a PS3 game (or PS2 game) as you can possibly get, which is fine and well - and totally possible if you happen to have a bluray burner and a writeable bluray disc, but the Playstation 3 still won't acknowledge the game when you pop it in the drive because as yet it's not been hacked and hasn't been successfully hacked for years now - much like nagra3 in the cable/satellite scene in a way - that's not been hacked in years either, so read into it what you will the odds ain't too good on a hack ever arriving at this point....the length of time speaks for itself, and knowing the hacker community if it can be hacked then it is hacked and done so 9 out of 10 times very quickly. Anything that goes multiple years without a hack despite people's best efforts then in my opinion it's time for people to give up the ghost and resign themselves to the legit way for that particular product. It sucks but that's the way it is.

I don't know about anyone else but personally I'd rather go the legit route for PS3 games and as well pay for Sky and have the option for HD rather than leech cable for free and have no option for high def, cable's crap by comparison to Sky. The point I'm trying to make is that sometimes when you're having to pay, like we either are or will be doing soon, it isn't all that bad because you're gaining something on both counts - High Definition!
    Last edited by Raven; 9th November, 2009 at 02:02 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was wondering is it possible to download PS3 game and play it using an external hard drive?
    And if so.... How?
    Or is it possible to back up a game to your PS3 or external hard drive and it still be playable?

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I personally think the protection used by PS3 is due to the fact they use the 7 cell CPU - I wouldnt be suprised if one of these cells on the CPU holds a unique code/security key/or what ever in order to protect it, until someone manages to reverse engineer this, doubt it will be hacked or cracked

look at NDS as used by Sky Digital, its been on the market for this long yet no hack as such.

No doubt Sony spent a large portion of the PS3 budget on this security as thus fas it has proved to be working.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Its all about the hypervisor.

The problem with the PS3 is this. The fat model already runs linux, and I think I can safely say the 99.9% of the people who are remotely clever enough to look into some sort of exploit on it are anti-piracy, so if its to be cracked its going to be so you get full GPU/memory access under linux.

But because it already runs linux, albeit in a slightly crippled manner, they arent going to be as driven to do it as say they were on the '360. They may well want to try their stuff on the slim model but I doubt it.

Look in the PS3 section on xboxhacker.net - theres the reasons why there.

Dan

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast