Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by danhans115 View Post
    But because it already runs linux, albeit in a slightly crippled manner, they arent going to be as driven to do it as say they were on the '360.
    I disagree, I think the fact that a hack hasn't been released would be motivation enough if it weren't stumping them and as for the hypervisor, it's true that's the reason for lack of graphics hardware in Linux on PS3 and unlocking that would bring Linux up a notch or two and I wouldn't be too surprised to see the hypervisor unlocked for Linux PS3 now that it's only the big models that have Linux and they aren't making them anymore....but even so you would still have the issue of security for running the PS3 game backups to sort out so in my opinion although there's many people that know a lot more than I do about it personally I don't think it's down to the hypervisor regarding the topic of copies.

I hadn't thought of having one of the Cell chip cores for holding specific keycode information and having to reverse engineer that before getting anywhere....I'm sure I read somewhere that 1 of the cores available is "off" for no reason stated, I'll bet that's the one that houses the code if there is one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The only people who have made any real progress on running arbitary code on consoles are behind free software.

Michael Steil(sp) ? got linux on dbox2, gclinux etc part of the team with the jtag attack on 360 - no interest in copied software at all. Passed their findings to microsoft - says it all (and I agree)

Bunny with the old xbox - had no interest in copied software - more in running code on the box - passed his findings to microsoft.

Stuff running on certain 'cores' is one thing. But what about the first stage bootloader and the like you have actually on the CPU die?

I still stand by what I said, these people are interested in running homebrew, not backups. And the old fat PS3 does this on Linux. So they arent going to have the drive to do it.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by danhans115 View Post

I still stand by what I said, these people are interested in running homebrew, not backups. And the old fat PS3 does this on Linux. So they arent going to have the drive to do it.
    Fair enough but that still doesn't hide the fact that there's a rather large group of people out there that have tried and ultimately for whatever reason failed to deliver a fully working public hack or chip for the PlayStation 3. And the fact is it's been multiple years now and counting and still nothing significant. So....oh and the other thing aswell regarding Linux on PS3 is that they basically tie 1 arm behind your back by not allowing access to the PS3's graphics hardware - which when it comes to games or whatever on Linux makes it harder than it needs to be with talented people having to come up with workarounds to get say MAME emulation stuff playing at playable rates. So it's good that it's there certainly for the basics, but it's (Linux) not exactly a fantastic representation because it is still running in software mode basically. Which also slows things down considerably.
    Last edited by Raven; 19th November, 2009 at 07:17 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

First i would like to say i know this is the wrong section to be asking this but. When i first learned how to burn DVDs you guys were the smarts; you had it down to a science.

I found this link : burn ps3 games(*_*)(*_*)how to burn ps3 games

proving it is possible to burn full playstation 3 games to a DVD still in full P.

But it doesn't show how to burn it and what program to use. Second I know hem was downloading the games i know that is illegal i just want to be able to back up my games just in case.

So i ask you guys do you know how to burn PS3 games and what programs do you use and what process do you use.

Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Most of the copiers you can buy use ImgBurn. This is free. You could try this. I found this out on Youtube. So there may be more stuff out there. Like (hint) switch for ps2 games and some kind of picture bypass. Can't be more specific as some of the videos are laughable but some ARE interesting. Spent hours but have learned a lot!

Happy Xmas

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a large collection of of PSOne games on my PC in mostly BIN/IMG/ISO formats.
    I put these on my PC so I would never have to actually take my discs, which I love & cherish, out of the cases anymore because I fear for "wear & tear". (

My question is...
    If I burn these games to backup Discs (CD-R), will my PS3 recognize them as playable games?

-----------------------
    I found this links to burn and copy ps3 Games:
    burn ps3 games && copy ps3 games

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Don't you get bored of asking the same questions and getting the same answer back ? Your PS3 will play no copied discs at all not for PS1, PS2 or PS3 - I don't think it'll even play copied music CD'S or copied DVD's - what it WILL do is play legit material from any region of the world both for game and dvd, probably even blu ray, because it's a region free console by default.

If you want PS1 games on your PS3 without the need for discs, PSN Store is your friend. And legit. Not a great amount of choice though unless you hop on over to the American or Japanese version of the store.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It depends on your version of PS3 as to "IF" you could play PS2 or PS1 backups. If you remember they said you couldn't play games from a HDD on the PS2! Any way I don't want to get banned from the site by giving out info I've found on the "WEB".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yeah... this fight agains piracy is a win for SONY...
    well, it is good, as the games price is not so high, and you don't have to worry as being banned when playing it online (and neither have to pay for playing online) ^^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by takezohimura View Post
    yeah... this fight agains piracy is a win for SONY...
    well, it is good, as the games price is not so high, and you don't have to worry as being banned when playing it online (and neither have to pay for playing online) ^^

achally they are really struggling and suffering in console sales compared to the hacked 360 and wii , has done nothing positive for there marketing

generally consoles that are hacked have better overall sales and win on popularity in the end

nov 2009 console sales
    Nintendo DS: 1.70M
    Wii: 1.26M
    Xbox 360: 819.5K
    PlayStation 3: 710.4K
    PSP: 293.9K
    PlayStation 2: 203.1K

if the PS3 was hacked ...id own one again
    i didn't use my other 1 next to my hacked 360
    if there was a chance u could banned from play station network
    i would happily buy a console every year and get banned every year just 2 play copy's

hacking and home-brew scene is huge and ps3 is missing out on a major part of the market

Microsoft know then benefits with there little ban waves and generating millions in revenue that wouldn't have normally been there with a flick of a switch and a simple update

as for the wii it sold more units than "almost" the 2 systems combined

the softmod is very appealing 2 people that dont like probes soldering and opening the case's

the day the PS3 is hacked , is the time that console will realize's its full potential , if that day ever comes of course

after all no one goes out and says im going to buy this console because its secure i cant hack it and i will have 2 pay 4 all my games
    no1 cares about a secure console most people would own a unsecure hackable 1
    Last edited by HoTTDubbER; 1st January, 2010 at 12:22 AM.
    Qualified Jedi Master
    Virgin VBox
    x2 PS3 JB FW 3.55
    X2 Wii 4.2E soft modded
    4x DM500S + JADE PLI
    Openbox HD S9 & S10
    DM800 PVR + BLACKHOLE
    Dedicated Linux Debian Server
    1.2M Dish Sky UK, Viasat, Sky IT ,JSC ,Tring+ Cards
    90cm Fortec Star Motorized Dish
    Virgin 50mb Fibre Optic Broadband
    Xbox 360 Samsung LT 2.0.1 No AP25 + Liton LT 2.0
    Microsoft Approved and Certified OEM System Builder
    Subaru Impreza GB270 Owner
    http://online-console.com

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HoTTDubbER View Post
    generally consoles that are hacked have better overall sales and win on popularity in the end

if the PS3 was hacked ...id own one again
    I don't know about that, last time out they were all hacked, the time before that 1 was hacked but clearly better than the other anyway. And this time out Sony are making their money for now on software sales because every game played is a game bought so to speak and since the Slim's release it's console sales have been doing significantly better, hence it's clearly more to do with the price tag and a hell of a lot more to do with advertising of the console more than anything else. As they rightly say you can have the best product in the world but if nobody can see it they ain't gonna buy it. Conversely how many times have you fallen for the hype on anything ?? Exactly. We've all been there.

Besides how is having a console hacked helping Sony/Nintendo or Microsoft with regards to sales ? They aren't making continual money on the games when a console is hacked because then they are losing money from piracy. And Microsoft are banking on people's fanboyism really hence why they have only been banning around Christmas time. Artificial increase in numbers and $$$. But you ask any of them they'd all rather be without piracy because it does hurt sales overall. Especially once the mass market get hold of it.

I don't know if it'll ever happen but I promise you if ever the PS3 gets down to around the 360's price point AND Sony starts marketing the hell out of their stuff on the telly as regularly as Microsoft does then you'd really see the PS3 take off when things are on an even keel regarding advertising and price tag. Get those two right and you're laughing because let's face it people will buy utter shite for the name attatched to it especially if the price is right. Just look at Halo. Or as some might say, the Wii. Hence console sales has got absolutely nothing to do with whether or not the console is hacked when looking at the big picture. The Wii would still have been the phenomenon that it is/was whether it was hacked or not, because you cannot plan successes like that and I don't think anyone would or could have predicted it's financial success. Besides I'd imagine the people who'll buy or keep a console only if it's hacked are a very small niche audience in the grand scheme of things. End of the day nobody's going to tell me otherwise except to say that from both a consumer and company standpoint, it's all about the $$$$$ - we're trying to save it, they're trying to make it - but there is a sweet spot, reach it and it's all good. Like I said, look at the Wii.
    Last edited by Raven; 1st January, 2010 at 04:29 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

To copy PS3 games with the normal CD/DVD burning software like Nero or Roxio is highly impossible. The reason is the game discs are digitally signed and they have copyright protection which your usual DVD burning software cannot bypass and your attempts to copy the PS3 games prove in vain.

To Burn PS3 Games and taking backup is an easy task if you use a proper game copying software. On next page I had shared some secret tips about using PS3 game copy software and selecting a best one. So now you don't have to loose your favorite PS3 games, you can easily backup PS3 games without modchip.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Impossible end of

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jimtuck0 View Post
    To copy PS3 games with the normal CD/DVD burning software like Nero or Roxio is highly impossible. The reason is the game discs are digitally signed and they have copyright protection which your usual DVD burning software cannot bypass and your attempts to copy the PS3 games prove in vain.

To Burn PS3 Games and taking backup is an easy task if you use a proper game copying software. On next page I had shared some secret tips about using PS3 game copy software and selecting a best one. So now you don't have to loose your favorite PS3 games, you can easily backup PS3 games without modchip.
    No we WON'T click your links so you can receive money as a sponsored whore.

Get the F**K off Kaos and spout your shat elsewhere...
    Make something idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyluvrod View Post
    No we WON'T click your links so you can receive money as a sponsored whore.

Get the F**K off Kaos and spout your shat elsewhere...

just spat my brew all over my keyboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast