Register
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BeianM View Post
    Before you go through all of the above, do this.
    Put your clip in an oven at the lowest level for four hours.
    Worked for me, now goes past the firmware update & works ok expcept not reading the vin.
    Very interesting solution mate, little too drastic maybe but hey that's life, anyway this fakin' motorola MC68HC16Z1CFC16 is out of production, replacement part is MC68HC16Z1CEH16, so those people who tried to find this bitch like i did should look for this part MC68HC16Z1CEH16, i ordered one and will let you know what's gonna happen when arrives.

br

Last edited by bibkare; 6th April, 2012 at 08:27 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

"Very interesting solution mate, little too drastic maybe but hey that's life,"

I wouldn't say it was drastic, there is nothing to lose. I decided to do this after talking with a guy who is into electronic circuits. His Espace stopped working. I suggested he warmed up the 908 in the bcu which he did & it worked the car sprang back to life. He then said he baked the circuit board & then laqured it. He went on to say that often when they buy in chips from china they bake them as it make them more reliable!So I thought, what the hay! Clip has been working fine ever since & it didn't cost a penny

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Don't get me wrong, i said maybe drastic, definitely beats changing 132 pins smd chip

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,300 Posts

It is advertising .. so its gone mate

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

hello!

i also have a problem. when i connest clip with car and computer, i only get 2 red lighst but no green? must i also replace this controler?

Harrycz44

Hello I have same problem as much people here. 20% firmware error. I tried change from another good clip, oscilator, and flash but problem is same. Can you help me where I look for problem? all 4 diodes switch on. Vcc on MCU? thanks
    Last edited by Harrycz44; 14th August, 2012 at 02:45 PM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Harrycz44 View Post
    Hello I have same problem as much people here. 20% firmware error. I tried change from another good clip, oscilator, and flash but problem is same. Can you help me where I look for problem? all 4 diodes switch on. Vcc on MCU? thanks
    hi friend
    if you use component from another clip, you use same shit component ! and trouble is shit component, so way is buy new component good quality

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm looking to make a compatible clone, fully open source and without the same components and emulating the usb stack, I'm disassembling the cypress USB firmware and it's almost done, I now understand better the goal of the CPLD (it's a bridge between motorola ans intel bus, cypress is based on 8051 cpu). I'm now looking for a full dump of flash including bootloader.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Firmware AM29F800 (CAN and ISO boards).
    Can you share the cypress USB firmware?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456