Register
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi everybody from Italy. I reached your forum surfing the net looking for solution to a problem: I bought an USB to Serial Adapter (Prolific) to connect my notebook with an electrical safety defice but it doesn't work. I guess it's a driver problem. I'm going to download the driversi in pg 1.
    Anyone have some help??
    Ciao!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo69jones View Post
    A lot of the cheapy USB>Serial adaptors sold on ebay use a TI chipset, and the drivers can be hard enough to find alright. I've attached the drivers I managed to find and I hope they help. They are actually for a USB>Mobile serial phone lead, but they have worked on several non-branded serial leads as they use the same chipset. Cannot hurt to try.
    The links to the files do not appear to be working. Thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have same problem, is there another loader could work?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Having similar issues but I am going to try the drive download posted here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I forked out ?30 for a usb serial port adaptor plus cable from Maplin and same problem that dream up wont see my DM600!!!

The guy I bought it off said I could post it back for him to flash however I will be stuck in the future as I would be unable to flash it myself.

Would a serial port card work as previously stated as I would rather spend ?15 on a card than ?15 posting it back to get sorted?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Hi, i need some pro to help..

currently i m on Win7.. i understand that dreamup need XP to work.. so i download Windows Virtual PC.
    I got myself a 9pin PCI express card for my laptop

sometime (should say alway?) when i m trying to flash a image using dreamup by login to Windows Virtual PC... dreamup app will stop at 3% more or less...
    i supect is the Windows Virtual PC but i cant explain what really went wrong..

but dreamup and null modem cable seen to be the only choice to do if dm is down..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi Harky,

maybe you can try a different version of Dreamup.
    I use version 1.3.3.1 and it was ok although the latest version couldn't work.
    click on my signature to find the link to download version 1.3.3.1

are you using PCMCIA card on your laptop to connect the null modem cable? where did you buy the PCMCIA card and how much is it?
    What to do if you press the "Panic" button or if your Dreambox DM500C can't boot up
    http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f34/sgstarhub-digital-kaos-image-39241/index250.html#post916350

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A lot of the cheapy USB>Serial adaptors sold on ebay use a TI chipset, and the drivers can be hard enough to find alright. I've attached the drivers I managed to find and I hope they help. They are actually for a USB>Mobile serial phone lead, but they have worked on several non-branded serial leads as they use the same chipset. Cannot hurt to try.
    the links to the drivers on the above post doesn't work anymore. can someone post a workable link to the drivers here? thanks.
    What to do if you press the "Panic" button or if your Dreambox DM500C can't boot up
    http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f34/sgstarhub-digital-kaos-image-39241/index250.html#post916350

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I using expresscard connect the null modem cable

Quote Originally Posted by avwolf View Post
    Hi Harky,

maybe you can try a different version of Dreamup.
    I use version 1.3.3.1 and it was ok although the latest version couldn't work.
    click on my signature to find the link to download version 1.3.3.1

are you using PCMCIA card on your laptop to connect the null modem cable? where did you buy the PCMCIA card and how much is it?
    Last edited by harky; 2nd March, 2011 at 01:00 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Problem solved. thanks!
    Last edited by harky; 2nd March, 2011 at 01:04 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Hi
    How do i check this?
    I dont think is the null cable issue as i did it once before long long ago
    1. being non-bidirectional (i.e. doesn't let the dreambox communicate back to the PC)
    2. reverse the polarity on one of the TX / RX lines.

Quote Originally Posted by j4m35 View Post
    Hi Harky,

Does dreamup start at all? Or does it come up with an error stating that COM port is not found. If dreamup starts but cannot communicate with the dreambox, some possible reasons are as follows:

There are a number of USB->RS232 adapters out there. Problem arises from some of them: 1. being non-bidirectional (i.e. doesn't let the dreambox communicate back to the PC) 2. reverse the polarity on one of the TX / RX lines.

First try the Null modem cable with a computer that has an original COM port. Once you know the Null modem cable works. You will have to try with a few USB->RS232 adapters...

Cheers,
    James

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

yes download link for drivers dun work anymore
    need drivers
    A wise man learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn more from a wise answer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Download from here - swrc094
    Last edited by miikin; 10th May, 2011 at 07:28 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i shall try it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Dreambox 500c

Hi Guys,I am a newbie to this dreambox stuff & have got myself a 500c and am trying to flash it,Have tried it on my pc with xp & netbook running win7,Have used many versions of dreamup & have tried using usb to 9 pin,Also 25pin to 9pin,Both null modem cables,Just get connection ready power up dreambox,But no connection,In dreamup have set the com port to the right one but still no joy,Hope someone can help,Thanxs.