Register

Thread: ex 1000 sl

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default ex 1000 sl

Hi gang after much reading and studying threads on this ex 1000 sl box ,is it worth me trying to download firmware for it or am i pissing in the wind.
    every link for firmware is no longer working, is it just to old or am i doing something wrong.
    the rs 232 lead is connected to box and pc ,nothing appears on pc [no new hardware or anything appears ] the blue light is on the box but thats it .
    any help will be great or a msg to bin it will be just fine .............steve

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Firmware updates won't do diddly squat stevieg.

New encryption renders them useless.

I still have mine in a box in the wardrobe just in case, but I don't expect it to work again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Default ex 1000sl

hi m8 ok as far as im aware and i have 3 1000sl boxes under my bed the quote "p***** in the wind" is rite. these don't even pick up free-view channels as bit by bit vermin are transferring to the new encryption unless by some miracle these boxes are re-built with the right parts then like mine its a good door stopper. sorry buddy, but i could be wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the replys guys.
    something else gathering dust on the wardrobe now.

i was going to try the 1100 one of a friend but dont think il bother now ha ha

thanks again ..............steve

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Darn, I was hoping it'd pick freeview channels as I need a new freeview box for my bedroom...