Register
Page 48 of 784 FirstFirst ... 3843444546474849505152535898148548 ... LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by koppit View Post
    go to any town in britain and you ll finad a utd supporter. now they live here too.
    thats a classic lad..!!!

gmb45

Default LIVERPOOL were facing financial meltdown last night.

The club's accountants issued a chilling statement admitting there is 'significant doubt' whether the company which runs the Merseysiders can 'continue as a going concern'.

Liverpool's parent company Kop Football (Holdings) Ltd, run by American duo George Gillett and Tom Hicks, made a ?42.6million loss last year.

Around ?36.5m of that is interest payments on the whopping ?350m loan they took out to refinance the club.

A top City analyst said: "Unless the owners find more money, the club is facing financial meltdown. Not only are the figures bleak, the future is gloomy too.

"The more you read through the accounts, the more transparent it is that the owners don't have the resources to meet the targets they've set for next year either.

"Everyone associated with Liverpool should be deeply concerned by this set of figures."

The devastating news will intensify calls from fans for the US pair to sell up.

As things stand, any profits being made on the pitch are being swallowed up by the crippling repayments on the loan.

The disastrous figures not only place the club's future in jeopardy, they also have serious side-effects for boss Rafa Benitez. The scale of the financial woes casts a huge question-mark over whether Benitez will have any significant money to spend this summer.

He has already been 'blown out of the water' by Manchester City in the race for long-term target Gareth Barry this week.

Other big-money targets, like David Silva, Glen Johnson and even Carlos Tevez, look unlikely to materialise this summer.

The club's accountants, KPMG, outlined their concerns by saying: "The group has credit facilities amounting to ?350m, which expire on 24 July 2009.

"The directors have initiated negotiations to secure the replacement finance required by the group and these negotiations are ongoing.

"These conditions... indicate the existence of a material uncertainty which may cast significant doubt on the group's and parent company's ability to continue as a going concern."

Sources close to Gillett and Hicks last night said they re- mained confident of securing the refinancing deal and are also still in talks with possible investors.

But only in April the Hicks Sports Group defaulted on repaying loans totalling ?354m for his other sports ventures in the States.

Before the Americans' ?219m takeover in 2007, Liverpool were close to a deal with Arab investors Dubai International Capital.

Then, in January this year, Kuwaiti billionaire Nasser Al-Kharafi offered ?425m for overall control.

But the Americans only want to sell 50 per cent and hopes of a deal collapsed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

absoultely shocked by all these figures and debt we are amounting!!!!

GET THEM USELESS ~~~~ERS OUT
    IM SORRY but i will never have any sympathy for maggie thatcher .... the bitch

I WOULD STILL LIKE TO SAY MY HEART AND RESPECT GOES OUT ALL BRITISH AND ALL ARMY TROOPS FIGHTING THE TERROR WHICH STILL BREEDS IN THE WORLD!! YOU HAVE AND ALWAYS WILL HAVE MY UTMOST RESPECT !

YNWA!!!

JUSTICE FOR THE '96"

"People say football is a matter of life and death. I'm disappointed by that approach, I believe it is much more important than that - Bill Shankly" -
    YNWA

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lfc4life View Post
    absoultely shocked by all these figures and debt we are amounting!!!!

GET THEM USELESS ~~~~ERS OUT
    TBH I don't really care. Bottom line is if the yanks don't get their house in order they will have no choice other than to sell. Which is what we all want.Get rid of the greedy lying bastards once and for all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

i was told that the arabs who are trying to buy liverpool bank ther money in the good old usa and England,They have put pressure on the banks not to lend hics and co and more money or they will take there money else were
    If you tremble with indignation at every injustice then you are a comrade of mine

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

maybe thats a good start! but more time wasted on these diks! will just create more negative coverage

I WOULD STILL LIKE TO SAY MY HEART AND RESPECT GOES OUT ALL BRITISH AND ALL ARMY TROOPS FIGHTING THE TERROR WHICH STILL BREEDS IN THE WORLD!! YOU HAVE AND ALWAYS WILL HAVE MY UTMOST RESPECT !

YNWA!!!

JUSTICE FOR THE '96"

"People say football is a matter of life and death. I'm disappointed by that approach, I believe it is much more important than that - Bill Shankly" -
    YNWA

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

if anyone buys the club it wont be because they,re a fan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by koppit View Post
    if anyone buys the club it wont be because they,re a fan
    you dont want a fan in charge.. too medalsome in manager's affairs.. a top notch business man with deep pockets is what we need.. chinese billionaire would be ideal... think of the marketing value in china if we were chinese owned.. the new money is chinese, arabian or indian these days, western companies / businessmen have been hit proper hard by the recession and wont provide funds for a stadium or players

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

read a story today about mindless scum wrecking a hillsboro memorial!!!! TRULY diabolical act > makes me sooo angry

YNWA!!!

JUSTICE FOR THE '96"

YNWA

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

Yea it was m8. Probably teenagers who don't know anything about Hillsborough. Mindless yobs and scumbags,obviously not football fans whoever they were.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bulld0g View Post
    Yea it was m8. Probably teenagers who don't know anything about Hillsborough. Mindless yobs and scumbags,obviously not football fans whoever they were.
    wooly backs from Cheshire..
    They all say they hate scousers the div's from the Wirral, until they are on holiday and then they say they are from Liverpool

gmb45

Default Rafa set for bargain hunt

RAFA BENITEZ last night vowed not to walk out of Anfield in the wake of Liverpool's cash crisis.

And the Kop boss is ready to trawl Europe's bargain basement now the rug has been pulled on his plans to sign the biggest names in the game.

Benitez had drawn up a hit-list which included the likes of Gareth Barry, David Villa and even Carlos Tevez from champions Manchester United.

But Barry has already gone to Manchester City, while Tevez and Valencia striker Villa are way out of the Reds' price range.

Instead, Benitez finds himself having to shun the designer rails and look in the slight-seconds range for men such as Middlesbrough's Tuncay and Portsmouth defender Sylvain Distin.

But the Spaniard is up for the scrap - despite last week's stunning claim from the club's auditors that the financial plight is so bad there are fears about Liverpool's viability as a going concern.

Benitez broke his silence on the financial mire yesterday and roared: "We knew it could be difficult because there is a crisis all around the world and clearly we don't have too much to spend.

"But I still think we have enough money to add the one or two players that we need.

"This season has been really good and we've competed on all fronts. If we can sign one or two players, then I'm really positive we can improve."

Ironically, Benitez spoke on the day it emerged Liverpool must pay almost ?2million to cover travel, legal and personal expenses for owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett.

That followed the news that Kop Football (Holdings) Ltd - the club's parent company run by the Americans - suffered a loss of ?42.6m last year.

Benitez, who penned a five-year deal in March, added: "When I signed the contract I did so because Liverpool FC is more than a club.

"It is the heart of the city, it is our life and for the people here it means so much.

"I thought I had to sign - we have to fight, we have to do it. The people in this city have been fighting all their lives and we want to do the same.

"The situation isn't fantastic but I have a lot of confidence. We want to fight like we did this year." Liverpool fell just four points short of wrecking United's charge to a third straight Premier League title.

But Benitez believes with a couple of new faces - and Fernando Torres steering clear of injury - it will be a different story next season.

He said: "I'm also positive because we were talking recently about how Fernando and Steven Gerrard didn't play together for a long time.

"Hopefully, they will manage that more next season - and we also have good young players like David Ngog, Nabil El Zhar, Ryan Babel and Emiliano Insua coming through.

"We have a very good squad but we can still improve a little bit. How much - enough to win the title? I'm sure it will be enough to compete.

"We knew the situation in the world would be difficult this summer. Some clubs were asking for our players so the priority was to extend the contracts of our key ones.

"We spent some money to guarantee this and now we just have to improve a little bit, because we are in a very good position."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

CSKA Moskov!!!

gmb45

Quote Originally Posted by oykc View Post
    CSKA Moskov!!!
    ? welcome to dk try posting here first---> my first post

gmb45

Default Benitez wins scrap for Glen

LIVERPOOL have won the race to land Portsmouth's ?19million full-back Glen Johnson.

The England defender is expected to have a medical on Merseyside tomorrow - unless Chelsea or Manchester City can gazump the Kop at the last minute.

Johnson, 24, has opted for Anfield after emerging as one of the most sought-after men in the Premier League this summer.

And his signing is a real coup for Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez, who feared the club's financial crisis would force him out of the bidding.

There is still the slight possibility Liverpool could be thwarted, with Chelsea determined to re-sign the man they sold to Pompey for just ?4m two years ago.

And City are willing to pay the Londoner ?100,000 a week to move to Eastlands.

Johnson only signed a new four-year deal with Portsmouth in January but has made no secret of wanting a bigger stage.

Pompey hitman Peter Crouch is a target for BLACKBURN, who expect to sell Roque Santa Cruz to Manchester City for ?15m.