Register
Page 601 of 784 FirstFirst ... 101501551591596597598599600601602603604605606611651701 ... LastLast
Results 9,001 to 9,015 of 11752
    Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by spondulick View Post
    .......well as for spurs going to anfield and defending isn't that part and parcel of the game,after all you were the home side you take the game to them and try to break them down but you couldn't. on the night the best players on the park were all tottenham defenders, and man of the match parker was immense.so how you with all your knowledge of all matters football can call spurs shit is beyond me,if spurs did come with a game plan it certainly worked.i wish our defence had played with that spirit this season we would have had the league won by now ,
    Spurs are/were title challengers, a win would have put them 2 points behind united tonight. It wasnt they're game plan to defend and aim for a point at all.

They came to win, but quickly realised we were to strong for them and dug deep and defended well as you've said.

Attacking wise they were shit, they offered very little for a team that was going for 3 points and fighting for the title.

They have one of the strongest midfields in the prem and have scored home and away in 22 games in a row this season.

So we limited them to one chance, penned them back, maybe ended their title challenge, and their defenders were the best players on the pitch....i'd say they were pretty shit.

Dont know why you need so much help seeing that to be honest.....its right infront of you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

you were the home team it was up to you to break them down,pretty even game first half.more pressure from pool second half but you could not score even with the chances you had.i would put that down to bad finishing on your part.as i stated even anyone with the least knowledge of association football knows that if you don't concede you cant loose the game and if you dont score you cant win so you have to look at your own side and their own problems and don't blame the opposing team.their defence triumphed over your offence.why i need to point this out to you of all people i don't know....if this seems to be patronising to you i apologise after all its not something you would do is it?
    Last edited by spondulick; 7th February, 2012 at 01:46 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sgerrard View Post
    Spurs are/were title challengers, a win would have put them 2 points behind united tonight. It wasnt they're game plan to defend and aim for a point at all.

They came to win, but quickly realised we were to strong for them and dug deep and defended well as you've said.

Attacking wise they were shit, they offered very little for a team that was going for 3 points and fighting for the title.

They have one of the strongest midfields in the prem and have scored home and away in 22 games in a row this season.

So we limited them to one chance, penned them back, maybe ended their title challenge, and their defenders were the best players on the pitch....i'd say they were pretty shit.

Dont know why you need so much help seeing that to be honest.....its right infront of you.
    It would have actually left them 3 points behind had they won and there is no rush, they got the game plan right ! They do have one of the strongest midfields in the prem but that was not available for selection nor was their strongest attack
    Having Defoe running at you backed up by VDV and lennon may well have changed Spurs plan but all in all they came based on the fit players and did well.

I thought Liverpool did ok myself but Spurs were difficult to break down and it quickly became a 0-0 script.

Still games to play and Spurs will see both clubs above falter and a title race they still have.

You with your superior knowledge should surely see these things

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Another tie! Just think if Liverpool could of won half of the 8 ties at home we be challenging for the title. Liverpool should of won the game since spurs had a couple of key players hurt. Again Liverpool had most of the possession but what came out of it? Did they really trouble Friedel? Can Johnson Adam and Downing cross a ball? This is why i complain to me Liverpool dropped points and if they gave extra points for every pass completed we would be top of the table but they don't. I know everyone will say you are negative against the team but i'm not. Just frustrated watching to much forplay and not enough F**king.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

you were the home team it was up to you to break them down,pretty even game first half.more pressure from pool second half but you could not score even with the chances you had.i would put that down to bad finishing on your part.as i stated even anyone with the least knowledge of association football knows that if you don't concede you cant loose the game and if you dont score you cant win so you have to look at your own side and their own problems and don't blame the opposing team.their defence triumphed over your offence.why i need to point this out to you of all people i don't know....if this seems to be patronising to you i apologise after all its not something you would do is it?
    Our problems as you put it have been on going for 20 years. As ive said many times we are a work in progress, new manager, completely new back room staff, new owners and 8 new players....it takes time.

We played against a team who are challenging for the title and limited them to one clear chance in the game....a side who have played us off the park and beat us 3 times in a row.

I agree our finishing has been poor, in fact we have the worst chance to converstion rate in the premier league right now but we have also created more chances than any other team and have the 2nd best defence in the league behind a team that cost 100's of millions

To think this was a truimph for them, in any way, is very short sighted, but then you dont support liverpool, you support the team that hates us the most.

You dont patronise me, so no need to apologise, i have sympathy for your limited views

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by redtide11 View Post
    It would have actually left them 3 points behind had they won and there is no rush, they got the game plan right ! They do have one of the strongest midfields in the prem but that was not available for selection nor was their strongest attack
    Having Defoe running at you backed up by VDV and lennon may well have changed Spurs plan but all in all they came based on the fit players and did well.

I thought Liverpool did ok myself but Spurs were difficult to break down and it quickly became a 0-0 script.

Still games to play and Spurs will see both clubs above falter and a title race they still have.

You with your superior knowledge should surely see these things
    They still had modric, bale and parker with adebayor up front, thats still strong.

My knowledge, and eye sight tells me we played a stronger team than us tonight, a team that attacks and opens up almost every team they play, at will sometimes. We limited them to one chance and had them penned back for most of the game. Havent seen a premiership team do that to them in a long time.

We did well, we are progressing well and overall im happy with everything we are doing.

My superior knowledge also tells me that you dont see the bigger picture very well, how does your song go again?...

"were man united and we read what we want"?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smile

They still had modric, bale and parker with adebayor up front, thats still strong.

My knowledge, and eye sight tells me we played a stronger team than us tonight, a team that attacks and opens up almost every team they play, at will sometimes. We limited them to one chance and had them penned back for most of the game. Havent seen a premiership team do that to them in a long time.

We did well, we are progressing well and overall im happy with everything we are doing.

My superior knowledge also tells me that you dont see the bigger picture very well, how does your song go again?...

"were man united and we read what we want"?

go on then enlighten us with the bigger picture,then if i dont see it i guess its a trip to specsavers for me! will perhaps improve my limited views as well.......Y.A.W.N
    Last edited by spondulick; 7th February, 2012 at 05:15 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

well i thought we played brilliant. just a shame spurs defended well. caroll was a pleasure to watch and gerrard! bloody ell, its been that long since ive seen him play i forgot how good he was!!!

we should have finished with 3 points but spurs deserved the draw last night

dc
    Wavefield Ds 55cm at 13E 19E and 28E receiving everything out there on 2 dm800hd

previous life dm800hd and 500c on cable screw you nag3

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

go on then enlighten us with the bigger picture,then if i dont see it i guess its a trip to specsavers for me! will perhaps improve my limited views as well.......Y.A.W.N
    "your man united and you read what you want"

but i have done about 30 secs of research for you, so here you go:

read those posts, make some notes, and you will see the bigger picture that i repeat over and over about liverpool.

if you dont, its detention and instead of lines, i will force you to sit through every 90 minutes of liverpools 5 european cup wins

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dctyper View Post
    well i thought we played brilliant. just a shame spurs defended well. caroll was a pleasure to watch and gerrard! bloody ell, its been that long since ive seen him play i forgot how good he was!!!

we should have finished with 3 points but spurs deserved the draw last night

dc
    Yea i agree with you there, carroll is getting better for sure. Nice to see abit of pace returning to his game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smile

"your man united and you read what you want"

but i have done about 30 secs of research for you, so here you go:

read those posts, make some notes, and you will see the bigger picture that i repeat over and over about liverpool.

if you dont, its detention and instead of lines, i will force you to sit through every 90 minutes of liverpools 5 european cup wins
    sorry you still haven't enlightened me please explain in one sentence what you see as the big picture.then i will let you know weather iagree should be simple for a man of your experience should only take about 30 seconds.after all the facts are there for all to see another game drawn at anfield very frustrating for you.
    Last edited by spondulick; 7th February, 2012 at 12:26 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

sorry you still haven't enlightened me please explain in one sentence what you see as the big picture.then i will let you know weather iagree should be simple for a man of your experience should only take about 30 seconds.
    in one sentence?

just read those posts will you, my views are there, repeating myself is getting boring...im even boring myself now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

spondulick don't you know by now sgerrard is the spin meister. I think he miss his true calling in being a politician.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfpack View Post
    spondulick don't you know by now sgerrard is the spin meister. I think he miss his true calling in being a politician.
    just a bit of banter wolfy, i think i have made my point end of story.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

just a bit of banter wolfy, i think i have made my point end of story.
    A point as clear as mud and about as sharp as a cigarette?

Glad you decided to end the story though, your no jackanory thats for sure