Register
Page 731 of 784 FirstFirst ... 231631681721726727728729730731732733734735736741781 ... LastLast
Results 10,951 to 10,965 of 11752
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Think it was to test the waters to see if there was an actual clause to speak to Suarez if anyone bids over ?40m, while LFC adamant there is no such clause.

More talks with the player today...

Hillsborough 15th of April 1989
    Never Forgotten
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    JFT96 - !!DONT BUY THE S*N!!

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by andy1967 View Post
    Arsenal have put another bid in for Suarez for ?40,000,001.
    I think that extra ?! was the one Carragher threw at them all those years ago

THE TRUTH
    The Hillsborough Independent Panel. 12/09/12

Today's report is black and white.The Liverpool fans were not the cause of the disaster.
    The panel has quite simply found 'no evidence' in support of allegations of 'exceptional levels of drunkenness, ticketlessness or violence among Liverpool fans' and 'no evidence that fans had conspired to arrive late at the stadium' and 'no evidence that they stole from the dead and dying'.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bulld0g View Post
    I think that extra ?! was the one Carragher threw at them all those years ago
    ?! Think you mean a ?1
    Sir Alex Ferguson in 1988

"This isn't just a job to me." "It's a mission. I am deadly serious about it. Some people would reckon too serious. We will get there, believe me. And when it happens, life will change for Liverpool and everyone else - dramatically."

Sir Alex Ferguson. (20)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

FFS is that just to get your post countup you sad little man

THE TRUTH

Today's report is black and white.The Liverpool fans were not the cause of the disaster.
    The panel has quite simply found 'no evidence' in support of allegations of 'exceptional levels of drunkenness, ticketlessness or violence among Liverpool fans' and 'no evidence that fans had conspired to arrive late at the stadium' and 'no evidence that they stole from the dead and dying'.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

Oh look i put countup instead of count up. I'm going to have to be careful aren't i.

THE TRUTH

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

95000 fans singing you'll never walk alone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=F_PydJHicUk

There's not many if any that could match that but no one could beat it

THE TRUTH

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

If Lionel Messi was on the market for ?90m then Arsenal would bid ?85m. They consistently bid under market value for unsettled players, say 'we tried' when their bids get turned down and then sign some shite for ?5m.
    In a stroke of sheer coincidence the same time Arsenal are having real difficulty selling season tickets they go public with trying to capture Rooney, Higuain and Suarez. Pure bullshit from North London, their fans might be stupid enough to fall for it but anyone with half a brain can see they are going through the motions to appease their fanbase. Also all these 'leaks' have come from John Cross in the mirror, the media arm of Arsenal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

BBC Sport - Luis Suarez: Liverpool owner baulks at Arsenal's ?40m bid

Well said Henry, Cavani was sold for ?55 mill.
    Suarez is worth that at the very least, if not more
    YNWA

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

Code:
    http://lfcts.tumblr.com/post/56360295776/full-article-by-rory-smith-on-the-times-ball-back-in
    Full article by Rory Smith on The Times
    Ball back in Luis Su?rez?s court after Liverpool call bluff over contract Club adamant striker will not be sold for less than ?50m

Your move, Luis. If Arsenal?s ?40,000,001 bid for Luis Su?rez was seen by the Liverpool forward?s representatives as an ace in the struggle to extricate him from Anfield, it has failed. A little over 24 hours later, the ball is back in Su?rez?s court.

The aim of that highly specific, slightly sarcastic offer was simple: to establish whether Liverpool believe, as Su?rez?s agents do, that a clause exists in his contract that enables him to speak to any club that offers more than ?40 million. They do not, it turns out. Liverpool rejected the offer out of hand and, though it was suggested yesterday that Su?rez would indeed be able to hold discussions with Arsenal, Liverpool remain confident that such talks are meaningless.

The Anfield club are adamant he will not be sold for less than ?50 million. Until a suitable bid arrives, he stays. John Henry, Liverpool?s principal owner, expressed that belief on Twitter, asking ?what they are smoking at [the] Emirates? yesterday morning.

Brendan Rodgers, the manager, was less curt, suggesting that Su?rez owes his club a debt of gratitude for standing by him as he served lengthy bans for racially abusing Patrice Evra and biting Branislav Ivanovic.

?There?s nothing new to report,? Rodgers said after Su?rez featured in the last 20 minutes of Liverpool?s 2-0 win over Melbourne Victory in front of 95,000 fans at the Melbourne Cricket Ground. ?[Su?rez] is very much a Liverpool player and over the course of the next couple of weeks we?ve got to get him up to speed. The support he has received from the supporters and the people of the city of Liverpool has been unrivalled. In this period of time he?s missed a lot of games for various reasons. The people have stood by him like a son and really looked after him. ?

To judge by Su?rez?s demeanour during his brief cameo, though, that support is not at the forefront of his mind. If the 26-year-old appearing sullen as he warmed up is not exactly damning proof, his failure to celebrate with his team-mates after he teed up Iago Aspas?s goal to seal the win was moderately instructive. Given Liverpool?s interpretation of the clause in his contract ? that they simply have to inform the forward if an offer in excess of ?40 million arrives ? Su?rez has three options.

He can hope Arsenal ? or Real Madrid, who remain interested in the forward and who yesterday sold Gonzalo Higua?n to Napoli for almost ?33 million ? match Liverpool?s estimate, and steel himself for the possibility that he may yet have to remain at Anfield if they do not.

That is unlikely. Su?rez?s preference is for a move to Real. If that does not materialise, though, he would be happy for a transfer to Arsenal, despite his complaints about the treatment he has received from the English media.

There is no doubt that he is prepared to force Liverpool?s hand yet farther to get that move and is now considering whether the next step is to hand in a transfer request. That path would make the idea of him remaining at the club unpalatable for both parties, and may help to convince Liverpool to enter into a dialogue with Arsenal.

If that does not work, there is a third way: when Su?rez wished to leave his first European club, Groningen, for Ajax in the summer of 2007, he was so infuriated by their refusal to accept the Amsterdam club?s first bid that he took Groningen to court. The case failed, but just a few hours after he had left court, Ajax returned with an improved offer ? and Groningen, knowing their fans would not welcome Su?rez the next season, acquiesced to his exit.

Such a course of action remains on the table for Su?rez some six years on. It is thought he has already been in contact with his legal team in Uruguay; if the saga drags on and Liverpool refuse to hold talks with Arsenal, he may yet resort to the same tactic.

The difference, of course, is that Liverpool may wish to play hardball, confident that Su?rez would prefer not to go on strike with the World Cup finals next summer. It is Su?rez?s move, but it is not necessarily his game.

THE TRUTH

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

John Henry was going to tweet "What have Arsenal been drinking?" instead of 'smoking', but then realised that they have no cups at the Emirates.

I am obsessed with Liverpool Football Club, I think you are too !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Wenger buying a player for ?40 million would be world news. Why would the owners sell to a club which at this moment stops you from getting into the CL, never mind selling a player that would keep them in the CL. Don't forget he wants to leave because how the British press are treating him, so what's the difference to London that will help him. LFC have stood by Suarez and this is how he respect the club and the fans, his body language in todays game was awfull.

"This isn't just a job to me." "It's a mission. I am deadly serious about it. Some people would reckon too serious. We will get there, believe me. And when it happens, life will change for Liverpool and everyone else - dramatically."

Sir Alex Ferguson. (20)

Admin Assistant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    135 Posts

Once bitten, twice shy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Sir Alex Ferguson. (20)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

The problem with the whole Suarez thing is does it matter if Liverpool sell him? I say yes cause no matter what if he goes i don't see Liverpool signing anyone with half his talent and no one on the bench ( Except Gerrard ) has talent close to his. If they sell they should sell in abroad. I would make him play one more year then sell him. **** him! he sign the contract. He should honor it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Rumour has it you lot are up for sale

Any truth???????