Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default V-Box and cable type?

Folks

Where should I place a v-box in the line between the Dream 800 and the dish? Do I place it at the Dream end and feed 36v out or should I place it at the dish end and feed the DiSEqC to the V-Box and shorten the length of the 36V line? or does it not matter? I can easy do either.

Also what is the lowest loss sat cable for long runs without going to hardline? Is there a good table anywhere that shows the cable type against the cable loss per mt at freq?

gs

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Not an expert by any means but CT100/WF100/TX100 cable should be good for runs up to around 50metres. I setup my dreambox with a 50metre length of cable when initially doing the alignment and never really had any problems.

You can also get CT125 cable which is supposed to be better with less loss.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mi3gto View Post
    Folks

Where should I place a v-box in the line between the Dream 800 and the dish? Do I place it at the Dream end and feed 36v out or should I place it at the dish end and feed the DiSEqC to the V-Box and shorten the length of the 36V line? or does it not matter? I can easy do either.
    I would place it next to your Dreambox

Also what is the lowest loss sat cable for long runs without going to hardline? Is there a good table anywhere that shows the cable type against the cable loss per mt at freq?

gs
    As teaf says wf100 type cable is ok for runs upto about 50m over that it's worth considering wf125.

Webro has a cable comparison/spec chart on their site, here >>> http://www.webro.com/downloads/tvpage1.pdf

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mi3gto View Post
    Folks

gs
    iv'e always use a 36v motor and now there are only
    diseqc motor useage on nearly all satellite receivers
    i use a v-box and here's my way to set it up
    and as aready said place the v-box along side the receiver
    to keep the cables short
    v-box set-up guide,
    there are four wires from the 36v motor that you connect in the rear of the v-box, this is where you have to be carefull [dont get the motor wires mixed up with the pulse/reed wire and ground wire ] you will have two motor wires.[ motor 1 and motor 2] one [pulse/reed] wire and one [ground wire].on the rear of the v-box are four spring clip ports motor [+] motor [-] sensor [+] sensor [-] there are also two lnb points one to the lnb and one to the receiver with motor wires connect only to the motor [+] and motor [ -] points if you connect to the sensor points you will damage the reed switch in the motor the pulse/reed and ground can be conected to the sensor points only, does'nt matter which goes to the plus or minus points. [dont connect these to the motor + and - points] Now connect the motor wires. motor 1 wire to [+] and motor 2 wire to [-] ports you also need a link lnb cable with f-connectors fitted, you can get these ready made up for use from sat dealers, i get mine from a local diy centres about ?2 or so. Next the cable from the lnb to the receiver, remove it from the receiver and connect to the v-box and connect the link cable from the v-box to the receiver.[make sure you get these cables connected to the correct terminals on the v-box the f-connectors points are clearly marked on the v-box]. for the next part i use the remote that came with the v-box [ or if you wish you can set-up with your receiver remote] To send the dish to the east then go outside and look at the dish to make sure the dish is moving east and not west. if the dish is moving the wrong way [ change the motor wires over on the rear of the v-box] Now drive the dish east and west to set the dish limits. after the limits are set. Next go to the receiver menu and set the motor option to diseqc 1.2 now you can use the receiver remote to move the dish to set up the satellite possitions and save the setting. on the v-box when you have all your sats and channels stored the v-box will respond to the receiver remote and move the dish as if it was a diseqc motor. you can now remove the batteries from the v-box remote and store it away, you wont need it again unless you loose your dish settings as the v-box wont loose it's settings even if you do a factory reset or change the image on your dreambox
    Please Read Carefully!
    No Sky UK NDS Videoguard Hacking Discussions.
    Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal
    the files available are kept for experimental & educational purpose only
    original vu duo2 /vu zero/ tm-nano-se. v-box / 36v /1.2 dish,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just to be sure if not sending the dish in the right direction you swap the MOTOR wires over NOT the sensor wires.